We offer an alternative to traditional insurance for bakers. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Bakery Insurance?
What does Bakery Insurance offer?
From the equipment you need to produce delicious baked goods, to the hardworking staff that create your high-quality products, a lot goes into creating a regular customer base at your bakery. In order to protect your livelihood, it is vital to have an effective protection plan in place. Many bakery owners take out bakery insurance to ensure that their staff, customers, and stock are protected should an accident occur.
An Alternative to Bakery Insurance
The Retail Mutual’s business cover provides a smart alternative to traditional bakery insurance, offering you a flexible way to select the types of cover you require for your business. We have provided cover to small and independent high street stores for more than 20 years and are adept at helping them to identify the right cover ingredients to suit their individual needs.
A bakery can be a high-risk work environment, so it’s important that you have bakery insurance or another suitable protection plan in place to cover you in the unfortunate event of a claim being made. Employees could suffer an injury or burn when working with ovens and other equipment, whilst customers could experience an allergic reaction or food poisoning. If you don’t have the right cover, your business may be directly liable for the costs involved in a claim, which could have devastating financial implications. Our business cover acts as an alternative to bakery insurance, protecting your business should a claim be brought against you.
Your business premises also remain at risk after hours. Theft and ram raids are increasingly common, and could cause significant damage to your stock, valuable equipment and bakery property should one occur. Each bakery will have varying requirements for business cover, as there is no ‘one size fits all’. This is why The Retail Mutual provides a flexible protection plan where you can select the cover options and limits you need for your individual business.
What Types of Bakery Cover do you need?
From the equipment you use to the food you sell; you can choose from a variety of cover options that will protect your business in a wide range of circumstances. We offer:
- Stock and Contents Cover – Protecting your stock and equipment is vital if you need to keep your bakery running after an incident. Stock and Contents Cover compensates you should your stock or contents be damaged by theft, fire damage or flooding.
- Business Interruption Cover – If your business is forced to close unexpectedly due to a covered event (e.g. fire or flood), you will require funds to keep it afloat until you reopen. Business Interruption Cover pays for your bakery’s loss of revenue and assists in paying overhead costs until you are operational again. We offer cover up to a value of £500k.
- Employers’ Liability Cover – If you have temporary, casual or full-time staff, it’s likely that you’ll require Employers’ Liability Cover. This covers compensation for employees that have become ill or injured on the job whilst working for you. At The Retail Mutual, we offer cover for work-related injuries up to the value of £10 million.
- Public & Products Liability Cover – Public Liability Cover is an essential part of your bakery cover to protect anyone on your premises. Products Liability Cover protects you in the event that your products cause damage to a customer or their property. The Retail Mutual offers cover of up to £5 million.
- Buildings Cover – If you own your bakery premises, Buildings Cover protects the physical property that your business resides in. Building repairs can become extremely expensive if your property is damaged and Buildings Cover can help with this. Additional cover for fixtures and fittings, such as display stands and shelving, is also available. We offer up to £5 million pounds of cover.
Benefits For Bakeries
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
At The Retail Mutual, we aim to provide a simple, hassle-free alternative to bakery insurance when you need us.
What makes us different to traditional Bakery Insurance?
As a mutual, we operate solely in the interests of our Members. We’re proud of the community that we have created, providing business cover for a wide range of independent retailers across the UK. We have over 20 years’ experience of working with retail businesses, which enables us to offer practical support when you need us. We recognise the difficulties involved in running your own business, which is why we’ve created our simple and hassle-free claims process for your convenience.
What Else do we Offer?
Our bakery business cover provides a smart alternative to bakery insurance. We also provide alternative protection to those looking for bookshop insurance, opticians insurance or many other types of retail insurance. If you’re interested in joining us, get a quote or call us today on 0333 2121 280 to discuss your cover needs.
The Retail Mutual is a brilliant company and I was very impressed with the level of service I have received. The renewal process and professional attention was perfectMr Chandler, Store Owner in Portree
I really appreciated the claims quick response following my recent claimMrs Sivasothy, Store Owner in Plymouth
We would definitely recommend the Mutual. We were given loss of earnings on three occasions when we asked, which kept the business solvent. Being closed for six weeks over the Christmas period, which is our peak trading time, could have been a financial disaster but the interim payments were a godsendMr Baillie, Store Owner in Perth