We offer an alternative to insurance for barber shops. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking For Barbers Insurance?
What does Barber Shop Insurance offer?
Barber shops are often at the centre of their local communities. As a barber you will build a solid reputation over time, giving you a regular client base to help you remain profitable. Your talented team of barbers works tirelessly to make your business a success. In order to protect your skilled employees, your customers and your assets, you may wish to take out barber insurance.
An alternative to barber shop insurance
The Retail Mutual offers flexible cover as an alternative to barber shop insurance. Our cover enables you to select the protection that’s suitable for your requirements. There is no ‘one size fits all’ application when it comes to business cover, so we work closely with our Members to gain insights into their business and industry so we can offer them the correct type of barber shop cover.
The Retail Mutual specialises in offering an alternative to barber shop insurance, with the ability to design flexible which is tailored to the needs of the sector. When running a barbers shop, your staff may be handling chemicals or sharp objects such as scissors and razors, which carries risks for both staff and customers. If someone is cut or experiences an allergic reaction, they may choose to make a claim.
Your barber shop business remains at risk even after the doors are closed. Theft, ram raids and other events such as flooding and fire are all possible occurrences. The costs relating to these events can place a huge financial strain on the business.
If you’d like to receive more information about The Retail Mutual’s business cover as an alternative to barber shop insurance, fill in our contact form and a member of our team will be in touch.Get a Quote
What types of barber shop cover do we offer?
We offer a range of barber cover options to suit your individual requirements:
- Employers’ liability cover – It is a legal requirement to have employers’ liability insurance if you employ anyone in your shop who isn’t a close family member, including apprentices and trainees. At The Retail Mutual we offer cover up to £10 million, backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Stock and contents cover – This includes theft, flood and fire damage.
- Public & products liability cover – A member of the public may make a claim against you if they are injured or their property is damaged on your premises. The Retail Mutual offers cover of up to £5 million.
- Business interruption cover – Business interruption cover may help to cover the cost of any lost income, wages and overheads. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500,000.
- Buildings cover – Buildings cover includes damage to the physical buildings of your property. You may also choose to take out cover for fixtures and fittings (e.g. shelving and display units). We offer cover of up to £5 million.
Benefits of our Cover for Barber Shops
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We offer flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with our buildings cover
What makes us different to a shareholder-owned insurance company?
We are a mutual, meaning we are owned by and operate solely for the benefit of our Members. Our knowledgeable team has years of experience dealing with claims on behalf of small, independent high-street stores. Our Board of Directors have decades of experience running their own retail businesses, so we understand the challenges that business owners face and are well-placed to offer you practical and friendly service for your barber shop’s cover needs. Our smart alternative to barbers insurance provides you with access to our specialist in-house claims team who are here to support you should the unexpected happen.
What else do we offer?
We offer more than just an alternative to barbers insurance. We offer business cover for a wide variety of independent retail businesses, so if you are looking for an alternative to bakery insurance, opticians insurance, hairdressers insurance or would like to cover another type of retail trade, get a quote from us today and become part of our Member community.
The Mutual Claims team have been extremely helpful. Many thanks for your very prompt assistanceMs Unsworth, Shop Owner
The Retail Mutual is a brilliant company and I was very impressed with the level of service I have received. The renewal process and professional attention was perfectMr Chandler, Shop Owner