We offer an alternative to traditional insurance for barber shops. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Barbers Insurance?
What does Barber Shop Insurance offer?
Barber shops are often at the centre of their local communities. As a barber you will build a solid reputation over time, giving you a regular client base to help you remain profitable. Your talented team of barbers works tirelessly to make your business a success. In order to protect your skilled employees, your customers and your assets, you may wish to take out barber insurance.
An Alternative to Barber Shop Insurance
The Retail Mutual offers flexible cover as an alternative to barber shop insurance. Cost-effective and practical, our cover enables you to select the protection that’s suitable for your requirements. There is no ‘one size fits all’ application when it comes to business cover, so we work closely with our members to gain insights into their business and industry so we can provide them with the correct type of barber shop cover.
The Retail Mutual specialises in offering independent retail stores an alternative to barber shop insurance, with the ability to design a flexible policy to tailor to their business. When running a barbers’ shop, your staff may be handling chemicals or sharp objects such as scissors and razors, which carries risks for both staff and customers. If someone is cut or experiences an allergic reaction, they may choose to make a claim.
Your barber shop business remains at risk even after the doors are closed. Theft, ram raids and other events such as flooding and fire, are all possible occurrences. Without business cover or a viable alternative to barber insurance in place, the costs relating to these events can place a huge financial strain on the business. Our alternative to barber insurance provides much-needed peace of mind that your business will be protected.
If you’d like to receive more information about Mutual business cover as an alternative to barber shop insurance, fill in our contact form and a member of our team will be in touch.Get a Quote
What Types of Barber Shop Cover do you need?
We offer a range of barber cover options to suit your individual requirements:
- Employers’ Liability Cover – It is likely that you will require Employer’s Liability Cover if you employ any other barbers in your shop, including apprentices and trainees. This protects you against claims for injury to or illness of an employee whilst in the workplace. At The Retail Mutual, we offer cover of up to £10 million.
- Stock and Contents Cover – This protects stock used for retail purposes against unexpected events such as theft, flood and fire damage. If your equipment or hair products are stolen, or damaged in events such as flood or fire, they can be protected.
- Public & Product Liability Cover – Public Liability Cover protects you if a member of the public is injured or has their property damaged on your premises. The Retail Mutual offers cover of up to £5 million.
- Business Interruption Cover – If your business property is damaged, Business Interruption Cover can help to cover the cost of any lost income, wages and overhead costs until your business is operational again. Cover of up to £500k is offered by The Retail Mutual.
- Buildings Cover – Buildings Cover protects against damage to the physical building of your property. You may also choose to take out cover for fixtures and fittings (e.g. shelving and display units). We offer cover of up to £5 million.
Benefits of our Cover for Barber Shops
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
What makes us different to traditional Barber Insurance?
We are a mutual, meaning we are owned by and operate in the interests of our Members. Our knowledgeable team have years of experience dealing with claims on behalf of small, independent high-street stores. Our Board of Directors have decades of experience running their own retail businesses, so we understand the challenges that business owners face and are well-placed to offer you practical and friendly service for your barber shop cover needs. Our smart alternative to barber insurance provides you with access to our specialist in-house claims team who are here to support you should the unexpected happen.
What Else do we Offer?
We offer more than just an alternative to barber insurance. We provide business cover for a wide variety of independent retail businesses, so if you are looking for bakery insurance, opticians insurance, hairdressers insurance or cover for another type of retail trade, get a quote from us today and become part of our Member community.
The Mutual Claims team have been extremely helpful. Many thanks for your very prompt assistanceMs Unsworth, Shop Owner
The Retail Mutual is a brilliant company and I was very impressed with the level of service I have received. The renewal process and professional attention was perfectMr Chandler, Shop Owner