We offer an alternative to business insurance for butchers. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Take a Fresh Approach to Butchers’ Insurance
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to insurance products and services for the independent retail community. We exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
What does butchers insurance offer?
If you’re running a butchers shop, you’ll be regularly preparing freshly cut meats for sale. Whether you specialise in primary butchery or secondary butchery, preparing your meat and operating your store can pose a number of risks for your business, your employees and your customers. Butchers insurance can help you manage these risks and keep your business safe.
An alternative to butchers insurance
The Retail Mutual provides business protection as a flexible alternative to butchers insurance. All small and medium-sized business owners require adequate business cover to ensure they are protected in the event of the unexpected, and with the additional risks attached to working with potentially hazardous equipment and machinery, butchery is no exception. We offer a tailored protection plan suited to your individual butchers shop.
Whether you’re a local butchers shop, a medium-sized chain or a meat deli, getting the right protection to suit your business is paramount. There are a number of risks that come with the nature of the job. The sharp equipment involved poses a risk to you and your employees, and your stock and contents could also be stolen or damaged as a result of crime, so it’s important you keep them, yourself and your employees, protected with butchers insurance, or a similar protection plan.
When looking for butchers cover, you will want to consider the various types of protection available. Some accidents are simply unavoidable, so if an incident occurs or someone decides to make a claim against you, it could place a huge financial strain on your business, incurring significant legal costs. With flexible cover limits and a wide range of options available, it is easy to understand why thousands of shop owners each year choose The Retail Mutual to protect their business, with our alternative to butchers insurance.
Use our contact form to get in touch with us today.Get a Quote
What butchers cover do you need?
We offer a variety of butchers cover options. Here is an example of what we do:
- Employers’ liability cover – If you have staff who are not close family members, you are legally required to have employers’ liability insurance. We offer up to £10 million of protection backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Stock and contents cover – The smooth functioning of your business relies heavily on your butchers equipment, including machinery, kitchen appliances, computer equipment and more. Stock and contents cover enables you to replace such equipment in the event of an unexpected incident such as flooding, fire or theft.
- Business interruption cover – Business interruption cover is usually taken in conjunction with other types of cover. Should an incident like a fire occur at your business, it is likely you’ll require time to make repairs and restore your butchers shop. Business interruption cover may compensate you for overheads, interim payments and even staff wages until you get back on your feet. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard with higher limits available on request.
- Public liability cover – Protects you in the event that a customer or member of the public brings a claim against you for an injury suffered on your premises, for instance from slipping or tripping on your shop floor, or experiencing food poisoning as a result of produce you have supplied. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
- Fixtures and fittings cover – From your refrigeration equipment to your shelving and display units, you will want to be sure your fixtures and fittings are suitably covered. We offer flexible limits to meet your needs as part of our buildings cover for butchers.
Benefits for butchers shops
- Up to £10 million employer’s liability cover
- Up to £500,000 business interruption cover
- Accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with our buildings cover
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
What makes us different?
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to insurance for the independent retail community. Owned by retailers and run for their sole benefit, we exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent businesses on our high streets. Since we began, we’ve developed strong, long-standing relationships with small businesses across the UK.
We have the interests of our Members at heart. Having a claim made against you is never easy, but we are here to support you where possible and ease the potential stress when it comes to making a claim. Our experienced claims handlers aim to clearly present the options available, so business owners can make the most appropriate decision for their business. Our effective alternative to butchers insurance can help support your local community butchers shop.
What else do we offer?
Our alternative to butchers insurance is just one example of what we offer. The Retail Mutual offers a wide variety of cover options to support small businesses throughout the retail industry. Whether you are looking for butchers’ insurance, opticians’ insurance, craft studio insurance, restaurant insurance, clothes shop insurance or any other small business insurance, call us today on 0333 2121 280 or fill in our online quote form.
We would definitely recommend the Mutual. We were given loss of earnings on three occasions when we asked, which kept the business solvent. Being closed for six weeks over the Christmas period, which is our peak trading time, could have been a financial disaster but the interim payments were a godsend.Mr Baillie, Perth
The Retail Mutual is a brilliant company and I was very impressed with the level of service I have received. The renewal process and professional attention was perfect.Mr Chandler, Portree
We experienced excellent customer service from The Retail Mutual team. Our claim was handled very professionally. Excellent service and excellent advice.Mr Sheppard, Swindon