We offer an alternative to traditional business insurance for butchers. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Take a fresh approach to Butchers Insurance
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to traditional insurance for the independent retail community. Run by retailers for retailers, we exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
Looking For Butchers Insurance?
The Retail Mutual provides an alternative to traditional butchers insurance for business owners in the meat and food trades. All small and medium sized business owners require adequate business cover to ensure they are protected in the event of the unexpected, and with the additional risks attached to working with potentially hazardous equipment and machinery, butchery is no exception.
When looking for butchers insurance, you will want to consider the various types of protection and provider available in the marketplace. With flexible cover limits and a wide range of options available, it is easy to understand why thousands of shop owners each year choose The Retail Mutual to protect their businesses.
What types of butchers do we cover?
- Individual butchers shops
- Small butchers chains and multiple units
- Delis and other related trades
- Start-ups and established stores
Are you looking for butchers insurance?
The Retail Mutual offers a wide range of butchers cover options to suit your needs including:
- Public liability cover – protects you in the event that a customer or member of the public brings a claim against you for an injury suffered on your premises, for instance from slipping or tripping on your shop floor
- Employer’s liability cover – if you employ anyone in your butchers shop, even on a part-time or casual basis, you are required by law to have employer’s liability cover
- Business interruption cover – this will help to keep your butchers business afloat if an incident occurs that temporarily prevents you from trading. It can cover loss of profit, loss of employees’ earnings and even help with interim payments prior to final settlement of your claim
- Buildings cover – if you own your butchers premises you will need to ensure you have adequate buildings cover
- Fixtures and fittings cover – with refrigeration equipment as well as shelving and display units, you will want to be sure your fixtures and fittings are suitably covered
- Stock cover – gives you peace of mind that your stock is covered both on your premises and when in transit
- Accidental damage cover – takes care of those incidents that simply can’t be helped
The Retail Mutual Business Cover Benefits at a Glance
- Up to £10 million Employer’s Liability cover
- Up to £500k Business Interruption cover
- Accidental Damage and Fixed Glass cover as standard
- Public Liability cover up to £5 million
- Buildings cover up to £5 million
- Stock and contents cover
- Money and personal accident cover
- Flexible limits to suit your needs
- Interest-free payment plans
- No admin fees or cancellation fees
- Fast-and-easy claims service
- Dedicated UK-based call centre