We offer an alternative to traditional business insurance for Cafe’s. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Cafe Insurance?
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to traditional insurance for the independent retail community. Run by retailers for retailers, we exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
What Does Cafe Insurance offer?
Cafes and tea rooms are extremely important in your local community. They provide the ideal place for people to meet, relax, and spend the afternoon with friends and loved ones. This makes your cafe worth protecting. Tea room and cafe insurance protects your business from a number of risks, from customer or employee injury to safeguarding your cafe’s building premises.
An Alternative to Cafe & Tea Room Insurance
The Retail Mutual is a unique provider of business cover – an alternative to business insurance for the independent retail community on the UK’s high streets, including those looking for cafe insurance. We’re passionate about supporting Britain’s small and independent brick-and-mortar stores that continually face new challenges in the retail industry.
Whether you run a tea room, a cafe or a coffee shop, you will require effective cafe insurance or a similar protection plan in place to ease the financial strain if a claim is made. During trading hours, customers and employees are always at risk of injury, be it a slip on a wet floor or a burn as a result of cooking equipment.
Being a physical presence in your local high street can also have risks attached. Damage resulting from violent crime, cooking fires, or perhaps naturally occurring events like flooding can be devastating for your cafe or tea room. At The Retail Mutual, we recognise your need for peace of mind, so we have created a tailored protection plan to provide a compelling alternative to traditional cafe and tea room insurance. This plan gives retailers and service providers the opportunity to select the types of cover you need for your individual business.
Use our contact form to get in touch with us today.Get a Quote
What Type of Cafe or Tea Room Cover do you Need?
Below is a list of some of our business cover options available for cafes and tea rooms. To find out more about the types of cover we offer, speak to a member of our team.
- Business Interruption Cover – After a covered event, you need time to get back on your feet. Making repairs and reopening your cafe can take time after an incident. Business Interruption Cover helps to pay overhead costs, interim payments and even staff wages until your claim is fully settled. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard with higher limits available on request.
- Employers’ Liability Cover – If you have employees or even volunteers working in your cafe, it is extremely likely you’ll be required to have Employers’ Liability Cover by law. This type of cover protects you should an employee bring a claim, but also protects your employees. Our Employers’ Liability Cover can offer you up to £10 million in financial protection should an employee make a claim against you.
- Public Liability Cover – Public Liability Cover aims to protect your customers and compensate for any injury or damage to themselves or their property whilst in your tea room. Even if you’re not at fault, legal expenses can mount up fast. We can offer up to £5 million in the event that a claim is made against you.
- Buildings Cover – Without your tea room premises, you cannot operate. Buildings Cover protects your cafe or tea room and covers any repairs resulting from damage in events like flood, theft or fire. Your roof, ceilings and walls can be protected by this cover. You may purchase additional cover to include your shop’s fixtures and fittings if you prefer. We offer cover up to £5 million.
- Contents and Stock Cover – Contents and Stock Cover protects your cooking equipment, furniture and other cafe contents should a catastrophic incident occur. Our alternative to cafe insurance provides Contents and Stock Cover that can help you should you suffer loss from events such as flood, theft or fire.
Benefits for Cafes & Tea Rooms
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
What Makes us Different?
As a mutual, we recognise that small, local businesses are at the heart of every community, and we’re committed to supporting you. Run by retailers for retailers, our mutual helps you protect what matters most. Since we began in 1999, we’ve provided cover to a variety of specialist industries, including providing an alternative to traditional cafe and tea room insurance. As a result, we’ve created long-standing relationships with small high street retailers and service providers across the UK, and understand the challenges you face in running a business.
Should a claim be made against you, we are here to present your options to you as clearly and concisely as possible, so you can make the best decision for you and your business. Run by and on behalf of our Members, we provide a fast-and-efficient claims process so that making a claim is as easy as possible.
With our Board of Directors having first-hand experience in running local businesses themselves, we know the importance of having a supportive cover provider.
What Else do we Offer?
The Retail Mutual supports a variety of industry sectors, offering cover similar to tea room insurance, bookshop insurance, bakery insurance, barber insurance and more. View our business cover page for more information on the type of stores we help.
Looking for something else? Our alternative to cafe insurance is just one of the types of cover that we provide. Home cover is also available from us, as well as term life cover and alternatives to landlord insurance. Talk to us online or call us on 0333 2121 280.
When I arranged my Business Cover with The Retail Mutual, the team were fantastic with a friendly, informative and professional service. Thank you especially to Laz and Gary for your assistance, I couldn’t have asked for more.Laura Fisher, Basingstoke
Many thanks to the team who dealt with my claim so quickly and efficiently, it was greatly appreciated.Mr McHugh, Hungerford
We would definitely recommend the Mutual. We were given loss of earnings on three occasions when we asked, which kept the business solvent. Being closed for six weeks over the Christmas period, which is our peak trading time, could have been a financial disaster but the interim payments were a godsendMr Baillie, Perth