What does charity shop business insurance offer?
Having a presence in your community is one of the most important aspects of running a charity shop. However, this comes with a number of risks, from damage to your shop due to violent crime to a volunteer suffering an injury whilst working for you. Taking out charity shop insurance helps safeguard the good work you do.
An alternative to charity shop insurance
The Retail Mutual offers an alternative to charity business insurance with our shop cover. We are owned by and operate solely for the benefit of our Members – our customers – and we understand the difficulties you face when running your own business.
Whether you’re a small, local charity or part of a larger chain, we know that your priorities involve fundraising and doing good in your community. Our alternative to charity shop insurance allows you to focus on your goals whilst we protect your business.
Without your volunteers, the success of your charity shop would be impossible to achieve. Therefore, it is important that you take out the right cover to protect your staff and volunteers from harm. A cut, illness or fall caused by your business may cause them to make a claim.
Your charity shop premises is an important part of promoting your cause. Incidents such as flooding, violent crime and fire could leave your business vulnerable, and that’s where The Retail Mutual could help with our flexible protection plan.
If you’re interested in our alternative to Charity shop insurance then click our “Our Get A Quote” Button now.Get a Quote
What type of charity business cover do you need?
- Employers’ liability cover – Whether you’re run by volunteers or paid members of staff, you will require employers’ liability cover. If a team member becomes injured whilst working for you, you may be liable for their compensation costs. Our employer’s liability cover offers up to £10 million in financial protection should an employee make a claim against you and is backed by insurance to meet your legal requirements.
- Buildings cover – Buildings cover protects the physical premises of your charity shop. In the event that your store is damaged due to an event such as a robbery, a flood or fire, buildings cover may compensate you for the resulting damage. You can even purchase additional cover for your shop fittings and fixtures. We offer cover up to £5 million.
- Stock and contents cover – If you’re re-selling items for charity, your stock is a vital fundraising commodity. Stock and contents cover may help you if you suffer damage or loss to the items in your store.
- Public liability cover – Whilst the general public are in your store, it is your responsibility to keep them safe. Should an accident occur, you could be liable should they choose to make a claim. Our public liability cover may pay up to a value of £5 million if a claim is made.
- Business interruption cover – If an incident such as a fire occurs at your charity shop, you may be forced to cease trading while you make vital repairs. Business interruption cover may help with costs when your business is closed but you still have overheads to pay, including staff wages. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500,000 as standard with higher limits available upon request.
Benefits for charity shops
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with our buildings cover
- We have over 5,300 Members
What makes us different?
We are a Member-focused mutual that plays a vital part in local communities across the UK and is committed to protecting charity businesses like yours. Regardless of shop size or the nature of your cause, we’re confident we can help.
Since 1999, The Retail Mutual has focused on providing support when small businesses and independent retailers need us most. Making a claim is never easy, but we’re here to support you when you need us most.
With our alternative to charity shop insurance, our dedicated claims handlers will guide you through the process, presenting your options clearly and concisely, so you can make the best decision for your business when making a claim.
What else do we offer?
As well business cover, we can also support you with:
Looking for something else? You can also access specially selected private health cover, mortgages and life and critical illness insurance via our commercial partners.Get a Quote
What our Members Say
When I arranged my Business Cover with The Retail Mutual, the team were fantastic with a friendly, informative and professional service. Thank you especially to Laz and Gary for your assistance, I couldn’t have asked for more.Laura Fisher, Basingstoke
The Retail Mutual is a brilliant company and I was very impressed with the level of service I have received. The renewal process and professional attention was perfect.Mr Chandler, Portree
We experienced excellent customer service from The Retail Mutual's team. Our claim was handled very professionally. Excellent service and excellent advice.Mr Sheppard, Swindon