What does coffee shop insurance offer?
Coffee shops are a great place for people to relax and rejuvenate, where you can serve your customers with their favourite food and drink. Serving so many people throughout the day, it’s important you find the right coffee shop insurance to meet your needs. A spilled hot drink, a burn from your equipment or even a simple slip or fall could place your business under huge financial pressure.
An alternative to coffee shop insurance
The Retail Mutual is owned by and operates solely for the benefit of its Members to offer an alternative to business insurance. We’re passionate about protecting the independent stores on our high streets in local communities across the UK. Run by retailers for retailers, we specialise in providing food and drink business cover for your high-street store, and our business cover alternative to coffee shop insurance is no exception.
Independent coffee shops face stiffer competition than ever before. You want to differentiate yourself from popular high street stores and make your coffee shop the go-to meeting place in your area. With a high footfall during your opening hours, this can leave you vulnerable. Accidents and injuries to customers and staff may be unavoidable, and without an effective protection plan in place, your business could be financially liable.
The risks your shop faces extend far beyond opening hours. Break-ins and violent crime can cause significant damage to your property, incurring thousands of pounds in damage. Finding the money to cover these costs can be extremely difficult, and that’s where The Retail Mutual could help. We recognise that the variety of risks you face can be overwhelming, which is why we aim to help you identify the cover types you may require for your business. We can then offer a flexible alternative to coffee shop insurance that safeguards both your business and your premises.Get a Quote
What coffee shop cover do we offer?
We offer an alternative to coffee shop insurance. Here are some of our cover options:
- Public liability cover – Whether it’s a burning cup of spilled coffee or a slip on a wet floor, you’re responsible for your customers’ safety. Our public liability cover offers protection up to £5 million if a customer makes a claim against you.
- Employers’ liability cover – Regardless of whether an employee is full or part-time, it is a legal requirement to have employers’ liability insurance. If an employee becomes ill or is injured in your workplace and decides to make a claim, we offer up to £10 million of protection. Our cover is backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Stock and contents cover – Your coffee machines, fridges and any other equipment you have are essential for running your business. Our stock and contents cover includes theft and damage to you business contents, equipment and stock.
- Business interruption cover – If an incident occurs that stops you from trading, business interruption cover may help to keep your business afloat. For example, if you experience property damage, you’ll need time to make repairs. We may pay up to £500,000 as standard.
Benefits for coffee shops
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We offer flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with our buildings cover
What makes us different?
We are a mutual, owned by and run solely for the benefit of our Members. We have developed long-lasting, close relationships with thousands of small high street stores across the UK and are here to support them when they need it most. We recognise that when a claim is made, your circumstances can be extremely stressful. We aim to provide a quick and hassle-free claims process. Our team uses simple, jargon-free language to explain your options clearly, so you can make the best-informed decision for your coffee shop.
Since we began in 1999, we’ve been supporting retail businesses and sharing in their success. Our Board of Directors have first-hand knowledge of working within the retail sector.
What else do we offer?
We don’t just offer an alternative to coffee shop insurance, we offer a wide range of business cover options for restaurants, cafes and independent retail stores. View our alternatives to cafe insurance, takeaway insurance or restaurant insurance, or browse our product range for more information on your cover type. Interested in becoming a Member? Fill in our contact form or call us on 0333 2121 280 today.Get a Quote
What our Members Say
When I arranged my Business Cover with The Retail Mutual, the team were fantastic with a friendly, informative and professional service. Thank you especially to Laz and Gary for your assistance, I couldn’t have asked for more.Laura Fisher, Basingstoke
We would definitely recommend the Mutual. We were given loss of earnings on three occasions when we asked, which kept the business solvent. Being closed for six weeks over the Christmas period, which is our peak trading time, could have been a financial disaster but the interim payments were a godsendMr Baillie, Perth
Many thanks to the team who dealt with my claim so quickly and efficiently, it was greatly appreciated.Mr McHugh, Hungerford