We offer an alternative to insurance for delicatessens. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Deli Insurance?
What Does Delicatessen Insurance offer?
Providing fresh, local produce is the key to what you do. As a local delicatessen, you may stock everything from the finest cut meats to exotic cheeses, fruit and veg, local specialities and more. In the event that something goes wrong, deli insurance may cover costs which could help in being able to continue trading and focus on your customers.
An Alternative to Delicatessen Insurance
The Retail Mutual is a provider of business cover for independent retailers, offering an alternative to business insurance for brick and mortar retailers on the high street and throughout the UK. Our approach is simple: to understand you and your business so that we can deliver a protection plan that offers an alternative to traditional deli insurance that is tailored to your business needs.
Whether you run a local deli, a sandwich shop, a farm shop or a greengrocers’, we understand the challenges facing small businesses in the retailing market. Competition is fierce, and you need to focus on your customers rather than whilst thinking about mitigating the risks you’re facing every day at work. A bout of food poisoning, incorrectly labelled produce that causes an allergic reaction in a customer, or an injury or fall to a member of staff in your store may be all it takes for a serious claim to be made against you. That’s where The Retail Mutual can help with delicatessen cover – an alternative to traditional deli insurance for independent service providers.
As a delicatessen, sharp tools and heating equipment no doubt feature in your store on a daily basis. These can carry a number of risks for you, your customers and your employees. If a member of public or one of your team members suffers an injury, they may choose to bring a claim. This can have devastating financial effects on your business. What happens if your store suffers an event such as a fire, flood or an act such as theft or criminal damage? Any such event can affect your deli’s ability to trade and this is where The Retail Mutual can help. Select the types of deli cover suitable for your business, so you only pay for the cover you need.
What Type of Deli Cover Do You Need?
Below is a list of some of our business cover options we offer as part of our delicatessen cover offering – an alternative to traditional delicatessen insurance:
- Public Liability Cover – Public Liability Cover helps cover the costs of compensation should a member of the public be injured or become ill, for example as a result of a fall or from food poisoning or an allergic reaction. The Retail Mutual offers up to £5 million in the event that a claim is made against you.
- Employers’ Liability Cover – Employer’s Liability Cover may be a legal requirement for your business if you have anyone working for you, be they permanent, temporary or even working for you on a volunteer basis. Employer’s Liability Cover aims to protect your workers should they suffer an injury and choose to make a claim. We can cover you with up to £10 million in financial protection should an employee make a claim.
- Stock and Contents Cover – Without your tools and equipment, your deli may be unable to operate effectively. In the event that your stock and contents are lost or damaged, our Contents and Stock Cover can compensate you.
- Business Interruption Cover – If an event affects your business’ operations, you may need some time to make repairs before you can reopen. Business Interruption Cover helps you pay staff wages and can make interim payments to help you deal with other overhead costs until your business operations return to normal. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard with higher limits available upon request.
- Buildings Cover – Without your delicatessen premises, you cannot operate. Buildings Cover can protect your delicatessen by covering repairs resulting from damage in events like flood, theft or fire. Your roof, ceilings and walls can be protected by this cover, and if you want to find out how to cover your fixtures and fittings see our Stock and Contents cover section above. We offer cover up to £5 million for your premises.
Benefits For Delicatessens
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
What Makes us Different?
Local businesses lie at the heart of everything we do. Run by and for our Members, we operate with your interests at heart. Since we started in 1999, we’ve been focused on helping independent retailers reach their business goals by a timing to give them the peace of mind to continue trading worry free. Our alternative to traditional business insurance for delicatessens allows you to pick and choose your desired cover options to suit your individual business needs.
We set out to create strong, long-term relationships. We can run through your options, so you can choose the cover that’s best for your deli., while our experienced claims handlers will be here to support you in the unfortunate event that you need to make a claim.
What Else Do We Offer?
The Retail Mutual offers more than just deli cover. We support a wide range of retailers in the industry, so if you are looking for an alternative to supermarket insurance, dry cleaners’ insurance, hairdressers’ insurance, boutique insurance or cover for any other retail or service trade, view our business cover pages to find out more about who we help or simply call 0333 2121 280 or fill out our online quote form today.
Looking for something else? Our alternative to traditional deli insurance is just one of the types of cover that we provide. We also offer Home cover as well as term life cover and an alternative to traditional landlord insurance for independent retailers. Talk to us online or call us on 0333 2121 280.
What our Members Say
We would definitely recommend the Mutual. We were given loss of earnings on three occasions when we asked, which kept the business solvent. Being closed for six weeks over the Christmas period, which is our peak trading time, could have been a financial disaster but the interim payments were a godsend.Mr Baillie, Perth
The whole episode was trouble free from the beginning and friendly. A refreshing claim experience.Mr Spurrier-Kimbell, Malmesbury
Just wanted to say thank you for the very helpful and informative service I received when taking out my cover with The Retail Mutual.Ms Jenkins, Stockbridge