We offer an alternative to insurance for dry cleaners. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking For Dry Cleaner Insurance?
What does dry cleaning insurance offer?
Customers use your dry cleaners to have their clothes laundered and prepared on their behalf. They rely on you to ensure they look perfect and well-presented, whether it’s for a special occasion or everyday wear. If an employee is injured in your shop or you ruin a customer’s item of clothing, this could have serious consequences for your business. Many dry cleaners take out dry cleaner insurance to protect themselves in these circumstances.
An alternative to dry cleaner insurance
At The Retail Mutual, we provide business cover as an alternative to dry cleaners insurance for businesses across the UK. We understand that every business is different and take a personal approach that enables us to work closely with all our Members. Our cover options provide an alternative offering to dry cleaning insurance, that allows you to pick and choose the type of cover required for your business.
If your equipment is stolen, damaged through a flood or fire, or causes an injury to an employee, these incidents may financially impact your business if a claim is made. This can cause cash flow problems or, in the worst-case scenario, cause your dry cleaners to go out of business. Having business cover in place may cover these payments on your behalf.
With so many risks involved in the trade, it’s important that you are both aware of them and protected against them. Here at The Retail Mutual, our aim is to help our Members to trade with peace of mind. We understand that there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution for each dry cleaner, so we aim to tailor each business’s cover to suit them.Get a Quote
What types of dry cleaner cover do you need?
The Retail Mutual offers a selection of mutual cover options for dry cleaning businesses:
- Public liability cover – We offer public liability cover up to £5 million, designed to protect dry cleaning businesses if somebody makes a claim for an accident suffered in your shop or damage caused to their personal property within your shop.
- Employers’ liability cover – You may be legally obliged to have employers’ liability insurance if you employ staff, regardless of whether they’re part-time or full-time employees. Our protection offers up to £10 million of cover and is backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Stock and contents cover – Your equipment is at the centre of your business operations, so if it is damaged by an unexpected event, stock and contents cover may compensate you. This cover offers protection against loss or theft of equipment from your shop – for example, dry cleaning machinery and tills.
- Business interruption cover – This cover helps to keep your business operational in the event of a covered incident that affects the daily running of your dry cleaning business. This may include cover for loss of profits, extra staff wages and interim payments until your business is back up and running. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard with higher limits available on request.
- Buildings cover – If you own your dry cleaning shop, you may need buildings cover to protect your business against incidents like fire or flooding. Your roof and ceilings can become easily damaged by weather events, but by taking out our buildings cover, you can help protect your dry cleaning premises.
Benefits for dry cleaners
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We offer flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with your buildings cover
What makes us different to a shareholder-owned insurance company?
As a mutual, we are owned by and operate solely for our Members – our customers. We have over 20 years’ experience of dealing with the claims of independent retailers, which is why we’re able to provide practical advice when you need it most. Making a claim can be an extremely stressful experience, but we aim to make it as hassle-free as possible.
Our Board of Directors have experience running their own businesses in retail, which means we are well placed to recognise the difficulties you face as a business owner. Over time, we’ve developed strong and trusting relationships with businesses in our community. We take pleasure in your successes but are also here to support you in your claim should things go wrong.
What else do we offer?
The Retail Mutual cover provides an alternative to insurance products and services for businesses. Whether you are looking for an alternative to dry cleaner insurance, cafe insurance, florist insurance, convenience store insurance or other small business insurance, we would love to show you what makes The Retail Mutual different. Get a quote now or call us today on 0333 2121 280 to discuss your cover.
Just wanted to say thank you for the very helpful and informative service I received when taking out my cover with The Retail MutualMs Jenkins, Stockbridge
We experienced excellent customer service from The Retail Mutual's team. Our claim was handled very professionally. Excellent service and excellent adviceMr Sheppard, Swindon