We offer an alternative to traditional business insurance for fish and chip shops. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Fish & Chip Shop Insurance?
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to traditional insurance for the independent retail community. Run by retailers for retailers, we exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
What Does Fish & Chip Shop Insurance offer?
As a firm favourite in the UK, quality fish and chip shops are very popular. As an owner of a fish and chip shop, you’ll understand the risks when it comes to working with food, cooking utensils, potentially dangerous equipment and hot oil. Therefore, having the right fish and chip shop insurance is extremely important in protecting your business, your employees and your customers.
An Alternative to Fish and Chip Shop Insurance
The Retail Mutual provides business cover as a specialist alternative to fish and chip shop insurance for independent chip shops across the UK. As a Mutual run by retailers for retailers since 1999, we understand the challenges associated with running a small business and are here to help. Our experts are passionate about protecting independent restaurants on our high streets, which is why we’ve created our fish and chip shop business cover – an alternative to traditional business insurance for fish and chip shop owners.
Regardless of where your fish and chip shop is located or how busy you are, it’s important that you have the correct protection plan or fish & chip shop insurance in place. Whether it’s a burn from cooking oil or a cut on sharp equipment, some accidents are unavoidable. If an employee chooses to make a claim, this could leave you financially vulnerable. Having fish and chip shop cover or other takeaway insurance in place provides you with some extra reassurance.
Fish and chip shops often have unsociable trading hours to cater for evening and weekend crowds. Violent crimes and antisocial behaviour are more likely at these times, so it’s important you prepare your business should this happen. You may also have customers waiting in your shop whilst food is being prepared and you must consider their safety during these times. At The Retail Mutual, we provide a flexible protection plan to suit your individual business, tailored exclusively to you as an effective alternative to traditional fish & chip shop insurance.Get a Quote
What Fish & Chip Shop Cover do you Need?
We offer a variety of options for fish and chip shop cover. Here is a selection of your cover options below:
- Employers’ Liability Cover – If you have employees in your fish & chip shop, it’s likely you’ll require Employers’ Liability Cover. Regardless of whether they’re part-time or full-time staff, if they become ill or injured in the workplace, they may choose to make a claim. Our Employers’ Liability Cover offers up to £10 million in protection.
- Stock and Contents Cover – Without your quality ingredients and expensive cooking equipment, your fish & chip shop wouldn’t open. Stock and Contents Cover ensures that equipment and ingredients are safeguarded should they become damaged from events such as flood, theft and fire.
- Business Interruption Cover – Should an event such as theft, flood or fire occur at your premises, it’s likely you’ll need time to recover and restore your shop. Business Interruption Cover compensates you for overheads, wages and other payments until your covered event is fully settled. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard with higher limits available on request.
- Public Liability Cover – Public Liability Cover aims to protect your customers and their property. Should they or their property be damaged in your store, you may be liable. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
Benefits for Fish and Chip Shops
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
What Makes us Different?
The Retail Mutual is operated by our Members for our Members. This makes us completely focused on protecting independent stores and service providers nationwide. For over 19 years, we’ve been developing long-standing relationships with small businesses, and we’re proud to be a part of their success. Having a claim made against you is never easy, but The Retail Mutual is here to support your business and inform you of your options.
Our mutual understands the stress involved when making a claim, which is why we aim to make the process as simple and hassle-free as possible. Our knowledgeable claims advisors can present your options clearly, with the added benefit of being familiar with your industry. Our effective alternative to fish and chip shop insurance can help support your local community chip shop.
What Else do we Offer?
Whether you are looking for fish and chip shop insurance, restaurant insurance, clothes shop insurance or even bridal shop insurance, speak to our team today to find out about our mutual business cover – an alternative to traditional insurance for small business owners. To view the full range of businesses we support, take a look at our business cover page.
Did you know? We offer a range of additional products and services designed to make independent retailers’ lives easier. From landlord cover to home cover and life protection plans, we’re here to help.
We would definitely recommend the Mutual. We were given loss of earnings on three occasions when we asked, which kept the business solvent. Being closed for six weeks over the Christmas period, which is our peak trading time, could have been a financial disaster but the interim payments were a godsend.Mr Baillie, Perth
Many thanks to the team who dealt with my claim so quickly and efficiently, it was greatly appreciated.Mr McHugh, Hungerford
When I arranged my Business Cover with The Retail Mutual, the team were fantastic with a friendly, informative and professional service. Thank you especially to Laz and Gary for your assistance, I couldn’t have asked for more.Laura Fisher, Basingstoke