We offer an alternative to business insurance for food businesses. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking For Food Business Insurance?
What does food business insurance cover?
The demand for food and drink in the retail space is thriving. Whether you are brewing teas and coffees, baking bread and cakes or frying fish and chips, you want to know that if the unexpected occurs, your business cover gives you the protection you need.
An alternative to insurance for food businesses
We support a range of food businesses from butchers and bakers to takeaways and restaurants. Whatever type of business you have, at The Retail Mutual we take pride in our approach which aims to offer cover for your business to enable you to trade with total peace of mind.
What types of food businesses do we cover?
- Fish and chip shops
- Sandwich shops
- Farm shops
With the high street food offering constantly evolving, your business might not be listed here, but it doesn’t mean that we can’t offer you cover – there are just too many to list!
We are a mutual, which means that we are owned by and operate only for the benefit of our Members – our customers. Our sole objective is to offer effective protection and support to our Members, with cover that is designed to meet the needs of independent food businesses.Get a Quote
What Types of food business cover do we offer?
We offer different cover options for food businesses, including:
- Public liability cover – Cover up to £5 million against injury to your customers or damage to their property
- Product liability cover – Includes cover if someone makes a claim against you after eating food from your establishment which made them ill. We offer cover for up to £5 million
- Employers’ liability cover – You are legally required to have employers’ liability insurance if you employ any staff, including full-time, part-time, casual workers or volunteers who are not close family members. Our cover offers up to £10 million of protection and is backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Stock and contents cover – For damage, loss or theft of stock or equipment, such as catering or kitchen equipment, crockery and cutlery, or food stocks
- Business interruption cover – If something prevents your business from trading, this cover may pay out for loss of profits and extra staff wages, and may provide interim payments to tide you over
Benefits for Food Businesses
- We don’t charge any admin or cancellation fees
- We listen to your needs and aim to ensure that your cover meets the needs of your business
- We offer interest-free payment plans
- Our UK-based call centre is on hand to provide ongoing support with setting up your cover or in the event of a claim
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with our buildings cover
What makes us different?
As an experienced provider of specialist cover to independent retailers and food businesses, our team is familiar with the challenges involved with running a business and will aim to help you find the right cover for your organisation.
As a mutual, we are owned by and run solely for the benefit of our Members – our customers. Our aim is to offer simple and effective cover solutions for food businesses.
What else do we offer?
As well as providing food business cover, we also offer cover for convenience stores, bookstores, opticians and many more retail trades – whichever type of independent business you run, we aim to offer the right kind of cover for your needs.
Just wanted to say thank you for the very helpful and informative service I received when taking out my cover with The Retail Mutual.Ms Jenkins, Stockbridge
We experienced excellent customer service from The Retail Mutual's team. Our claim was handled very professionally. Excellent service and excellent adviceMr Sheppard, Swindon
The Retail Mutual team were most efficient, helpful and reliable, going above and beyond to assist me with my cover requirements. I would not hesitate to use them again, top service.Mrs Beard, Colchester