Don’t take short cuts when it comes to your hair salon insurance
The hair salon is a feature of the high street – a place filled with the sounds of scissors snipping, hair dryers blowing, hair being swept up, laughter and questions about holidays. Clients book in hair appointments at your salon so you can fix their hair disasters, dye their hair blonde, brunette or even hot pink and make them look fabulous for hot dates, nights on the town or just to make them feel good about themselves. As with any high street business there are potential risks and hazards that could harm your customers and your hairdressing team.
Why do you need hair salon insurance?
- To give you financial peace of mind that you can keep your business running when the unexpected happens
- To protect your hair salon from the potential risks and hazards of running a business
- To provide cover if a member of the public injures themselves in your salon and decides to make a claim
- If one of your employees has an accident or suffers an injury whilst working for you
- To replace any hairdressing equipment or tools which are accidentally damaged
- Cover for the replacement of stock damaged by an event such as fire or flood
- To cover the cost of making any repairs to the building or salon front if they are damaged by vandalism, fire, flooding or damage from break-ins
- In some scenarios it could pay for gross profits lost from circumstances beyond your control, for example if a business is closed due to fire damage or if a supplier becomes bankrupt and this impacts the business financially
We offer a range of hair salon cover options with different cover limits to suit your individual requirements, these include:
Public liability cover
Employers’ liability cover
Stock and contents cover
Business interruption cover
An alternative to hair salon insurance
At The Retail Mutual we offer an alternative to hair salon insurance that mirrors what insurance typically covers, but with the added value of being a discretionary mutual with years of experience and extensive knowledge of how busy high street businesses work. Our alternative to hairdressers insurance combines a range of cover types to help protect your business and offer you support, security and peace of mind in times of crisis.
What protection can hair salon cover offer?
What makes The Retail Mutual different?
When you pay for your hair salon cover, you’re not just another customer, you become a Member of The Retail Mutual’s supportive independent business community. Our Members are not only other hairdressers but also include other high-street businesses, such as your local butcher, cafe or book shop.
Unlike insurance providers, the Retail Mutual offers discretionary cover. The Mutual delegates its claims discretion to a Board of Directors appointed from its Membership who are or have been retail business owners themselves. The Mutual empowers its Directors to make key decisions and gives them the authority to agree claims that may fall outside a Member’s agreed cover levels. The Board’s Claims Committee, themselves retailers, use their in-depth knowledge and empathy to adjudicate any claims that are appealed.
As a mutual you will not find us on comparison sites
If you are interested in becoming a Member of The Retail Mutual and getting hair salon cover, come to us direct for a competitive quote.
It’s easy and takes no time at all to receive a quote. Simply call us and speak to one of our dedicated team.
Or you can get a quote and buy your hairdresser cover online by clicking the quote button below.
Become a Member and get covered today in less time than it takes to do a wash and dry.