We offer an alternative to business insurance for hairdressers. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Hairdressers Insurance?
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing an alternative to insurance products and services for the independent retail community. Run by retailers for retailers, we exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses and service providers on our high streets.
What does hair salon insurance offer?
Being a hairdresser enables you to fill your clients with confidence and give them an opportunity to feel pampered. An appointment at your salon can completely transform them not only physically, but also mentally. However, not everything goes to plan, and an allergic reaction or simple mistake could risk your entire business. Hairdressers insurance provides your salon with much-needed protection should things go wrong, so you can focus on spoiling your clients instead.
An alternative to hairdressing insurance
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing an alternative to insurance for hairdressers as well as an alternative to insurance for barbers and beauty therapists. Whatever your requirements, our tailored cover options can be carefully styled to suit. We’re a mutual, run solely for the benefit of our Members. We specialise in supporting small and medium-sized businesses on UK high streets, and your hair salon is no exception. We offer flexible protection plans, similar to traditional hair salon insurance, to suit your individual business needs.
Whether you are a sole trader, a small or medium-sized salon or an independent chain, you need to ensure that the protection you choose for your business is the right one for you. With so many options available, it can be hard to know where to start. The Retail Mutual’s dedicated team will listen to your needs and present you with a range of cover options to protect you, your business, your staff and your customers against the unexpected.
As a hairdresser your job carries certain risks that could be devastating to your business. A slip of the scissors during a routine cut and blow-dry could result in an injury to a stylist or client, while a simple dye could cause a painful allergic reaction. Working with chemicals and sharp equipment, regardless of the level of experience, can lead to mistakes or unavoidable accidents. Damage due to crime or extreme weather can also be an issue, causing unexpected damage to your premises or loss of stock and contents. It’s important that you plan for these circumstances, and that’s where The Retail Mutual could help.
Use our contact form to get in touch with us today.Get a Quote
What hair salon cover do we offer?
We offer a variety of options for stylists looking for hairdressers business cover. Here is a selection of our business cover options:
- Public liability cover – Before you touch a client’s hair, it’s essential that you have some kind of Public Liability Cover. If a customer has a reaction to your products, slips on the floor, or is injured in any way, you may be liable. Public liability cover can also cover damage to their property too. The Retail Mutual may pay up to £5 million in protection.
- Business interruption cover – An event like a fire or flood can seriously damage your salon and interrupt your daily business. Business interruption cover may compensate you for running costs whilst a claim is ongoing. This helps you get back on your feet and make the necessary repairs. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500,000 as standard with higher limits available on request.
- Stock and contents cover – From your chairs and mirrors to your hairdryers and dyeing equipment, without these tools, your salon wouldn’t exist. Stock and contents cover may compensate you in the event of damage or loss.
- Employers’ liability cover – Whether they’re an apprentice or an experienced hairdresser, if you have one or more employees who are not close family members you must have employers’ liability insurance. if they become ill or are injured at work, you may be liable if they choose to make a claim. Our employers’ liability cover offers up to £10 million and is backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
Benefits for hairdressers
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We offer flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with our buildings cover
What makes us different?
The Retail Mutual is owned by and exists solely for the benefit of our Members – our customers. We aim to offer effective cover for local hairdressers across the UK. Over more than 20 years, we’ve developed longstanding relationships with our Members, assisting them when they need us most. We’re proud to support the growing number of small and independent stores on our high streets.
Having to make a claim, or having a claim made against you can be an extremely stressful process, but we’re here to help. Our experienced claims handlers will present your options to you clearly and concisely, so you can make the best decision for your business. Our aim is to make the process as seamless as possible, so you can get back to focusing on your clients. Let us support your hair salon with our alternative to hairdressers’ insurance.
What else do we offer?
Looking for something else? Our alternative to hairdressers insurance is just one type of business cover we offer, together with our alternatives to barbers insurance and insurance for beauty salons. Looking for something else? We also offer an alternative to convenience shop insurance, opticians’ insurance, bridal shop insurance, restaurant insurance and more. To see our full range of options, explore our business cover offering today.
Did you know, we offer a range of additional products and services to help independent business owners including landlord cover and home cover plus access to a range of additional products and services from our commercial partners including life protection plans. Call our team to find out more.
Just wanted to say thank you for the very helpful and informative service I received when taking out my cover with The Retail Mutual.Ms Jenkins, Stockbridge
Mr McHugh, Hungerford
Many thanks to the team who dealt with my claim so quickly and efficiently, it was greatly appreciated.
When I arranged my Business Cover with The Retail Mutual, the team were fantastic with a friendly, informative and professional service. Thank you especially to Laz and Gary for your assistance, I couldn’t have asked for more.Laura Fisher, Basingstoke