We offer an alternative to traditional business insurance for hairdressers. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Hairdressers Insurance?
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to traditional insurance for the independent retail community. Run by retailers for retailers, we exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
What Does Hair Salon Insurance offer?
Being a hairdresser enables you to fill your clients with confidence and give them an opportunity to feel pampered. An appointment at your salon can completely transform them physically, but also mentally. However, not everything goes to plan, and an allergic reaction or simple mistake could risk your entire business. Hairdressers’ insurance provides your salon with much-needed protection should things go wrong, so you can focus on spoiling your clients instead.
An Alternative to Hairdressing Insurance
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to hairdressers’ insurance, and insurance for barbers and beauty therapists. Whatever your requirements, our tailored cover options can be carefully styled to suit. We’re a mutual established with our Members in mind. Run by and on behalf of our Members, we specialise in supporting small and medium-sized businesses on UK high streets, and your hair salon is no exception. We provide flexible protection plans, similar to traditional hair salon insurance, to suit your individual business needs.
Whether you are a sole trader, a small or medium-sized salon or an independent chain, when looking for hairdressers’ insurance for your business you need to ensure that the protection you choose gives you the peace of mind you need. With so many options available, it can be hard to know where to start. The Retail Mutual’s dedicated team will listen to your needs and present you with a range of cover options to protect you, your business, your staff and your customers against the unexpected.
As a hairdresser your job carries certain risks that could be devastating to your business. A slip of the scissors during a routine cut and blow-dry could result in an injury to a stylist or client, while a simple dye could cause a painful allergic reaction. Working with chemicals and sharp equipment, regardless of the level of experience, can lead to mistakes or unavoidable accidents. Damage due to crime or extreme weather can also be an issue, causing unexpected damage to your premises or loss of stock and contents. It’s important that you plan for these circumstances, and that’s where The Retail Mutual can help.
Use our contact form to get in touch with us today.Get a Quote
What Hair Salon Cover do you Need?
We offer a variety of options for stylists looking for hairdressers’ business cover. Here is a selection of our business cover options below:
- Public Liability Cover – Before you touch a client’s hair, it’s essential that you have some kind of Public Liability Cover. Should a customer have a reaction to your products, slip on the floor, or become injured in any way, you may be liable. Public Lability Cover can also cover damage to their property too. The Retail Mutual offers up to £5 million in protection.
- Business Interruption Cover – An event like a fire or flood can seriously damage your salon and interrupt your daily business. Business Interruption Cover can compensate you for running costs whilst a claim is ongoing. This helps you get back on your feet and make the necessary repairs until your claim is settled. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard with higher limits available on request.
- Stock and Contents Cover – From your chairs and mirrors to your hairdryers and dyeing equipment, without these tools, your salon wouldn’t exist. Stok and Contents Cover compensates you in the event of damage or loss.
- Employers’ Liability Cover – Whether they’re an apprentice or an experienced hairdresser, if you have one or more employees it’s likely you’ll require Employers’ Liability Cover. If they become ill or injured at work, you may be liable if they choose to make a claim. Our Employers’ Liability Cover offers up to £10 million in protection.
Benefits for Hairdressers
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
What Makes us Different?
The Retail Mutual is operated by our Members for our Members. This allows us to provide effective cover, similar to hair salon insurance, for local hairdressers across the UK. Over the course of more than 20 years, we’ve developed longstanding relationships with our Members, assisting them when they need us most. We’re proud to support the growing number of small and independent stores on our high streets.
Having to make a claim, or having a claim made against you can be an extremely stressful process, but we’re here to help. Our experienced claims handlers will present your options to you clearly and concisely, so you can make the best decision for your business. Our aim is to make the process as seamless as possible, so you can get back to focusing on your clients. Let us support your hair salon with our alternative to hairdressers’ insurance.
What Else do we Offer?
Looking for something else? Our cover, similar to hairdressers’ insurance, is just one type of business cover we offer, together with our alternatives to barbers’ insurance and insurance for beauty salons. Looking for something else? We also offer an alternative to traditional convenience shop insurance, opticians’ insurance, bridal shop insurance, restaurant insurance and more. To see our full range of options, explore our business cover offering today.
Did you know, we offer a range of additional products and services to help independent business owners. From landlord cover to home cover and life protection plans, we’re here to help. Call our team to find out more.
Just wanted to say thank you for the very helpful and informative service I received when taking out my cover with The Retail Mutual.Ms Jenkins, Stockbridge
Mr McHugh, Hungerford
Many thanks to the team who dealt with my claim so quickly and efficiently, it was greatly appreciated.
When I arranged my Business Cover with The Retail Mutual, the team were fantastic with a friendly, informative and professional service. Thank you especially to Laz and Gary for your assistance, I couldn’t have asked for more.Laura Fisher, Basingstoke