We offer an alternative to traditional business insurance for Newsagents. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Business cover designed for Newsagents
At The Retail Mutual, it’s our business to understand your business. We understand that you are constantly evolving to meet the needs of your customers. We also know that when you are looking for insurance for your paper shop or newsagents, you want the best solutions to meet your requirements.
That’s why we believe in taking a consultative approach to quoting for your business cover. From your stock room to your shop premises, or in the unfortunate event of an accident in your store, The Retail Mutual is here to help. By listening to your needs, we can tailor the ideal cover to match.
What types of newsagents do we cover?
- Individual newsagent shops
- Small newsagent chains and multiple units
- Paper and corner shops
- Convenience stores
- Start-ups and established stores
The Retail Mutual’s story began with news and magazine retailers. We were established in 1999 to provide an alternative to traditional business insurance for the sector and have specialised in providing dedicated cover to newsagents, corner shops and convenience stores ever since.
Did you know – As a news retailer, The Retail Mutual offers you a weekly payment option via your Smiths or Menzies news bill. To find out more, call one of our team on 0333 2121 280.
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to traditional insurance for the independent retail community. Run by retailers for retailers, we exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
What cover do newsagents need?
The Retail Mutual offers a range of cover options for independent retailers in search of newsagent’s insurance.
- Employers’ Liability Cover – If you employ any staff, even on a part-time or volunteer basis, you may need to have employers’ liability cover. It protects you against claims brought by staff members as a result of injury or damage suffered in the workplace. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £10 million.
- Stock and Contents Cover – Whether you stock drinks, newspapers or tobacco, your stock is one of your most valuable assets. Contents cover will protect it against theft as well as events such as fire and water damage.
- Business Interruption Cover – In the event of an incident affecting your newsagent’s, business interruption cover helps to keep your business afloat. It may cover loss of profits, staff wages and even interim payments to tide you over until your claim is fully settled. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard.
- Public Liability Cover – Public Liability cover is an important cover to consider as it protects you against damage caused to your customers or their property, or loss of the same. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
- Buildings Cover – If you own your newsagent’s premises, you will need buildings cover to protect against risks such as flood or fire damage. You may also wish to include cover for your fixtures and fittings i.e. shelving and display cabinets. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
- Accidental Damage and Fixed Glass Cover – The Retail Mutual offers this as standard when taking out Buildings Cover.
- Money and Personal Accident Cover – If you suffer a serious injury or death caused by an accident, this can cover lost income, up to the limit of the policy, for hospitalisation and medical costs.
What are the benefits of our Newsagent’s cover?
- No admin fees or cancellation fees
- Flexible limits to suit your needs
- Interest-free payment plans
- Free legal expenses insurance solution with Business Cover
- Dedicated UK-based call centre
- Fast-and-easy claims service
- Weekly payment option through Smiths or Menzies news bill
- Member-owned, member-focused company
Top tip – Make sure you read your cover documents carefully in order to understand any conditions or exclusions.
Best service provider for all newsagentsMr NaikMalden
Thanks for the advice and assistance the claims team gave during my recent break in and for dealing with my claim swiftly.Mr LatifMidlothian
The Retail Mutual is a brilliant company and I was very impressed with the level of service I have received. The renewal process and professional attention was perfect.Mr ChandlerPortree