We offer an alternative to insurance for off licences. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking For Off Licence Insurance?
What does off licence insurance offer?
Whether your off licence is a family-run store or a larger shop, we understand that running an independent business involves many challenges and potential risks. Your off licence operates for the convenience of your community, but you can still be vulnerable to shoplifting, ram raids or having your property damaged by vandals. Taking out off licence insurance or an alternative form of business cover may help to ensure your livelihood is protected.
An alternative to off licence insurance
The Retail Mutual business cover provides a smart alternative to off licence insurance. We understand that every independent retail business is different, so we aim to listen to our Members and gain a real understanding of their business and its needs to help us offer them the right cover options.
Whether you own an independent newsagent, convenience store, supermarket or off licence, having the right cover is paramount in order to protect your business. With high footfall through your shop, you’ll be vulnerable to vandals, shoplifters and ram raiders who may attempt to steal your stock, causing damage your premises in the process. As an alternative to off licence insurance, The Retail Mutual business cover is designed to protect you should these events occur.
It is important to consider the risks of having customers frequently entering your store. The safety of customers and employees is your responsibility whilst they use your off licence, and if someone suffers a fall or injury on your premises, you may be liable if they make a claim against you. At The Retail Mutual, we understand that there is no ‘one size fits all’ for business cover, which is why we aim to offer flexible cover options that suit every off licence and meets their individual requirements.Get a Quote
What types of off licence cover do we offer?
We provide a range of business cover options for off licences:
- Employers’ liability cover – You are generally required to have employers’ liability insurance if you employ staff, whether they’re permanent or temporary. We offer cover up to £10 million, backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Stock and contents cover – Your stock is what makes you money, so protecting this is extremely important. Stock and contents cover protects stock used for retail purposes in unexpected events such as theft, flood and fire damage.
- Business interruption cover – This may help to keep your business afloat in the event of a covered incident that causes you to cease trading, covering loss of profits, extra staff wages and interim payments whilst your claim is active. We offer cover up to £500k as standard.
- Public liability cover – Public liability cover is an important type of cover to consider as it protects you against injury to your customers or damage to their property in your off licence. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
- Buildings cover – If you own your off licence premises, buildings cover offers protection against damage to your property (e.g. roofs and ceilings) – for example from flood or fire. You may choose to also include additional cover for your fixtures and fittings (e.g. shelving, display cabinets). We offer cover up to £5 million.
Benefits for off licences
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We offer flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with your buildings cover
What makes us different to a shareholder-owned insurance company?
As a mutual, we operate in the sole interests of our Member community. Our Board of Directors have hands-on experience of running retail businesses themselves, so we have a clear understanding of the challenges and pitfalls involved with running your own business in the retail industry. Since we began in 1999, our talented team members have continued to support local businesses in their time of need, leaving us well-placed to offer practical assistance when you need it most.
Throughout our Member community, we have created long-standing, personal relationships with independent retail stores nationwide. We’re committed to seeing the independent retail industry thrive, and to helping our Members share in each other’s success. Our simple and easy-to-use claims process aims to minimise the stress of making a claim.
What else do we offer?
Our alternative to traditional off licence insurance is just one of the types of cover that we offer. We support many types of small businesses, so whether you are looking for an alternative to opticians insurance, insurance for your butchers, café insurance, beauty salon insurance or protection for any other type of retail business, Get a quote online or call us on 0333 2121 280 to join our Member community today.
The Mutual Claims team have been extremely helpful. Many thanks for your very prompt assistanceMs Unsworth, Shop Owner
Our recent experience of claims handling at The Retail Mutual was excellentMr Chisman, Shop Owner