We offer an alternative to traditional insurance for off licences. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Off Licence Insurance?
What does Off Licence Insurance offer?
Whether your off licence is a family-run store or a larger shop, we understand that running an independent business involves many challenges and potential risks. Your off licence operates for the convenience of your community, but you can still be vulnerable to shoplifting, ram raids or having your property damaged by vandals. Taking out off licence insurance or a similar cover alternative can help to ensure your business is protected.
An Alternative to Off Licence Insurance
The Retail Mutual business cover provides a smart alternative to traditional off licence insurance. We understand that every independent retail business is different, so we aim to listen to our members and gain a real understanding of their business and its needs to help us provide them with the right cover options.
Whether you own an independent newsagent, convenience store, supermarket or off licence, having the right cover is paramount in order to protect your business. With high footfall through your shop, you’ll be vulnerable to vandals, shoplifters and ram raiders who may attempt to steal your stock, causing damage your premises in the process. As an alternative to traditional off licence insurance, The Retail Mutual business cover is designed to protect you should these events occur.
It is important to consider the risks of having customers frequently entering your store. The safety of customers and employees is your responsibility whilst they use your off licence, and if someone suffers a fall or injury on your premises, you may be liable if they choose to make a claim against you. At The Retail Mutual, we understand that there is no ‘one size fits all’ for business cover, which is why we aim to provide flexible cover options that suit every off licence and meets their individual requirements.Get a Quote
What Types of Off Licence Cover do you need?
We provide a range of business cover options for off licences:
- Employers’ Liability Cover – You are generally required to have Employers’ Liability Cover if you employ staff, whether they’re permanent or temporary. The purpose of this type of cover is to protect your business against claims made against by staff members as a result of injury or illness in the workplace. We provide cover up to £10 million.
- Stock and Contents Cover – Your stock is what makes you money, so protecting this is extremely important. Stock and Contents Cover protects stock used for retail purposes in unexpected events such as theft, flood and fire damage.
- Business Interruption Cover – This helps to keep your business afloat in the event of an insured incident that causes you to cease trading, covering loss of profits, staff wages and interim payments whilst your claim is active. We provide cover up to £500k as standard.
- Public Liability Cover – Public Liability Cover is an important type of cover to consider as it protects you against damage caused to your customers or their property in your off licence. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
- Buildings Cover – If you own your off licence premises, Buildings Cover will provide protection against damage to your property (e.g. roofs and ceilings) – for example from flood or fire. You may choose to also include additional cover for your fixtures and fittings (e.g. shelving, display cabinets). We offer cover up to £5 million.
Benefits For Off Licences
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
What makes us different to traditional Off Licence Insurance?
As a mutual, our company operates in the sole interests of our member community. Our board of directors have hands-on experience of running retail businesses themselves, so we have a clear understanding of the challenges and pitfalls involved with running your own business in the retail industry. Since we began in 1999, our talented team members have continued to support local businesses when things get difficult, leaving us well-placed to offer practical assistance when you need it most.
Throughout our member community, we have created long-standing, personal relationships with independent retail stores nationwide. We’re committed to seeing the independent retail industry thrive, and to helping our members share in each other’s success. Our simple and easy-to-use claims process aims to minimise the stress of making a claim.
What Else Do We Offer?
Our alternative to traditional off licence insurance is just one of the types of cover that we offer. We support many types of small businesses, so whether you are looking for an alternative to opticians insurance, insurance for your butchers, café insurance, beauty salon insurance or insurance for another retail business, Get a quote online or call us on 0333 2121 280 to join our Member community today.
The Mutual Claims team have been extremely helpful. Many thanks for your very prompt assistanceMs Unsworth, Shop Owner
Our recent experience of claims handling at The Retail Mutual was excellentMr Chisman, Shop Owner