We offer an alternative to insurance for opticians. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Take A New Look At Opticians Insurance
What does opticians insurance offer?
Running an optician service involves offering a lot of care and attention to your customers. They need you to be knowledgeable, reassuring and most importantly they need to feel safe during their treatment. Many businesses choose to take out opticians insurance that fits with their vision in order to protect their employees and customers. This provides all stakeholders with much-needed peace of mind that their interests are protected.
An alternative to opticians insurance
That’s where we can help. The Retail Mutual offers an alternative to opticians’ insurance, dedicated to helping the busy independent retailers on our high streets. Our experienced team will listen to your needs and present you with a range of business cover options to protect you, your business, your staff and your customers against the unexpected. We offer a tailored and flexible protection plan to suit your individual opticians store.
When looking after someone’s visual health, you’re put in a position of great responsibility. Despite high levels of training and all precautions in place, some accidents are unavoidable. If a customer slips in your store or an employee trips over a piece of your equipment, they may choose to make a claim against you. Without a protection plan or opticians insurance in place, your business may face huge financial consequences.
Running a successful opticians shop also requires an abundance of equipment which can be very expensive. If this was damaged by events outside of your control, the cost of replacement equipment could be very significant to a small business, causing huge cash flow problems or even permanent closure of your store. At The Retail Mutual, we offer an alternative to opticians insurance, with flexible options that can help your business get back on its feet.
What opticians cover do we offer?
We offer a variety of opticians cover options. Here is an example of what we do:
- Employers’ liability cover – Regardless of whether you have receptionists, technicians or optometrists, you are responsible for their safety at work. Our Employers’ Liability Cover offers up to £10 million in protection, backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Stock and contents cover – You are a business that relies heavily on your equipment and tools, and without these, you’re unable to operate. This type of cover compensates you for loss or damage to your equipment due to events like flooding, fire and theft.
- Business interruption cover – Business interruption cover can be used alongside other cover types to help your business get back on its feet. If you experience a flood, for example, you’ll need to make repairs as quickly as possible in order to reopen. Business interruption cover may pay for overheads, interim payments and even staff wages. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard with higher limits available upon request.
- Public liability cover – Your business interacts with the general public on a daily basis. This type of cover protects you if a customer or member of the public brings a claim against you for an injury suffered on your premises or damage to their property. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
- Buildings cover – If you own your opticians shop premises, you may need buildings cover to protect your bricks and mortar. Incidents such as fire can cause significant damage to your property. Buildings cover may protect your physical property, including your walls, ceilings and windows. If you don’t own the building but as the business you make changes to the fixtures and fittings, additional cover can be purchased if you wish.
Benefits for Opticians
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We offer flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with our buildings cover
What makes us different?
The Retail Mutual is owned by and operates on behalf of its Members. Our aim is to provide comprehensive, cost-effective opticians cover with a focus on our Members’ individual needs. Our experienced agents are here to help, providing assistance both before you buy and throughout the lifetime of your cover. We pride ourselves on the quality of our claims handling, with every case dealt with on a case-by-case basis by our experienced claims handlers at our UK-based service centre. We are committed to providing a smooth, hassle-free process to support you throughout your claim.
What else do we offer?
Looking for something other than our alternative to opticians insurance? Here at The Retail Mutual, we offer an alternative to business insurance for many independent retailers on our high streets, from dry cleaners to clothes shops and more. For more information on who we help in the retailing industry, take a look at our business cover offerings today.
Get a quote or call us on 0333 2121 280. to discuss our alternative to opticians insurance.
What our Members Say
When I arranged my Business Cover with The Retail Mutual, the team were fantastic with a friendly, informative and professional service. Thank you especially to Laz and Gary for your assistance, I couldn’t have asked for more.Laura Fisher, Basingstoke
Many thanks to the team who dealt with my claim so quickly and efficiently, it was greatly appreciated.Mr McHugh, Hungerford
Very happy with The Retail Mutual for my cover needs.Mozaria