We offer an alternative to insurance for print shop owners. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
What Does Print Shop Insurance offer?
Running a printing business is extremely demanding and often requires you to work unsociable hours to complete projects on time. This unique trade requires high levels of skill and a strong work ethic, and that’s certainly worth protecting. Having the right printers’ insurance for your print shop is a vital safety net should things go wrong. Running a printing business can offer variety and plenty of challenge, but it’s important you take the time to recognise the risks involved.
An Alternative to Printers Insurance
At The Retail Mutual, we specialise in working with independent retailers to safeguard their business and its assets. When taking out business cover, it is important to consider that every company is different. That’s why The Retail Mutual offers a compelling alternative to printers’ insurance and the flexibility to tailor your plan to your printing business. We aim to build long-term relationships with our Members and really understand their business needs so that we can provide the ideal cover to match.
To plan your cover needs it is important to understand the risks your business faces on a daily basis. Should your equipment be damaged or stolen, the financial consequences could be huge. Having suitable printers’ insurance or print shop cover not only protects your business but provides you with much-needed peace of mind.
Allowing customers onto your premises is a wonderful opportunity for them to see your business at work. However, this can also be dangerous. If a visitor suffers an injury due to your printing equipment or slips on the floor, this can lead to them bringing a claim that could cost your business if you’re found to be negligent. That’s where The Retail Mutual can help by creating the perfect cover to suit your needs. Our printing business cover, similar to printers’ insurance, enables you to operate worry-free.
What Shop Cover do you Need?
Take a look at our cover options for your printing business below:
- Employers’ Liability Cover – If you employ any type of staff member or volunteer, it is likely that you legally require Employers’ Liability Cover. Employing staff exposes them to risks, and should they be injured in the workplace, you may be liable. Our Employers’ Liability Cover offers up to £10 million in protection.
- Stock and Contents Cover – Your business cannot be run without your printers, contents and other machinery. Therefore, it is important you put measures in place to protect it. Our Stock and Contents Cover protects items inside your premises such as your paper stock, printers and ink should it be damaged.
- Business Interruption Cover – If an incident occurs at your premises, you may need to temporarily move to make repairs, or close for a short period of time. Business Interruption Cover can help compensate these costs whilst your claim is being handled. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard with higher limits available on request.
- Public Liability Cover – Working with machinery can be risky for all involved. If a customer is injured whilst in your print shop, they may choose to make a claim against you. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
Benefits for Print Shops
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
What Makes us Different?
The Retail Mutual has been assisting local, family-run businesses for the past 20 years. Run by retailers for retailers, we operate solely in the interests of our Members. Whether you’re a larger professional printing company or provide small-scale design projects, we’re here to help and remain passionate about protecting the shops on the UK’s high street.
Making a claim is never easy, and the stress you face as a business owner can be overwhelming when something’s gone wrong. Our effective alternative to printers’ insurance can help support your local community store. Our experienced claims handlers are available to reassure you, and carefully guide you through the claims process. We can present you with all your options, so you can make the right decision for your business.
What Else Do We Offer?
Looking for something other than our alternative to print shop insurance? The Retail Mutual supports a large number of businesses throughout the UK, offering alternatives to supermarket insurance, dry cleaners’ insurance, florist insurance, cafe insurance and more. Get a quote or to find out more, browse our business cover pages or talk to a member of our knowledgeable team on 0333 2121 280.
As well as supporting your local businesses, we also offer landlord cover, home cover and life protection plans, for you and your family. If you’re interested in becoming a Member, Get a quote or call us on 0333 2121 280. to discuss our alternative to printers insurance today.
What our Members Say
When I arranged my Business Cover with The Retail Mutual, the team were fantastic with a friendly, informative and professional service. Thank you especially to Laz and Gary for your assistance, I couldn’t have asked for more.Laura Fisher, Basingstoke
The Retail Mutual is a brilliant company and I was very impressed with the level of service I have received. The renewal process and professional attention was perfect.Mr Chandler, Portree
Many thanks to the team who dealt with my claim so quickly and efficiently, it was greatly appreciated.Mr McHugh, Hungerford