We offer an alternative to insurance for supermarkets. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking For Supermarket Insurance?
What does supermarket insurance offer?
Local communities rely on your supermarket to provide them with the goods they need. As well as regular customer footfall, you’ll have dedicated staff operating on the shop floor, serving customers and keeping your store clean and ready for use. In order to protect your customers and employees from accidents like slips and falls, and your business assets from events such as shoplifting or ram raids, you will need to take out supermarket insurance or an alternative cover offering.
An alternative to supermarket insurance
The Retail Mutual offers business cover as an alternative to insurance for supermarkets. We aim to work closely with our Members to offer fair, flexible cover options to suit individual businesses’ needs and enable them to trade with peace of mind.
Whether you run a smaller supermarket store with a few employees, or a medium-sized company with upwards of twenty, arranging supermarket insurance or an alternative protection plan is vital in keeping your business, staff and customers safeguarded. As a local store, you’ll be operating for long hours during the day but often throughout the night too.
Supermarkets are often the targets of ram raids and shoplifting, where you could incur significant damage to your premises and loss of stock. Without business cover, your business could suffer large financial losses. You are also responsible for the safety of your customers whilst they’re at your premises and your employees while they are working for you. If someone is injured due to a slip or fall, for example, you may be liable to pay compensation if a claim is made against you.Get a Quote
What types of supermarket cover do we offer?
The Retail Mutual offers a range of business cover options as an alternative to supermarket insurance:
- Public liability cover – As one of the most important cover options for supermarkets, Public Liability Cover may protect against claims made for customer injury on your business premises. Sometimes, accidents are unavoidable, so it is important that you are protected should one occur. Our public liability cover may pay up to £5 million.
- Stock and contents cover – Your supermarket stock is pivotal to your business operations. Stock and contents cover includes theft, loss and damage.
- Employer’s liability cover – If you have part-time, full time or temporary workers in your store who are not close family members, employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirements. If an employee becomes ill or is injured in their place of work and decides to make a claim, we may provide you with protection up to £10 million. Our cover is backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Business interruption cover – Business interruption cover may protect you if an incident occurs that requires your store to close. It may compensate you for loss of profit, cover overheads and pay extra staff wages. We offer Business Interruption Cover up to £500,000.
Benefits For Supermarkets
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We offer flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with our buildings cover
What makes us different to a shareholder-owned insurance company?
As a mutual, we are owned by and operate solely for the benefit of our Members – our customers. Therefore, our main aim is to provide fair, suitable cover as an alternative to insurance for supermarkets. Since we began in 1999, we’ve been providing protection plans to independent high street stores and are familiar with the challenges and needs of independent retailers. Although making a claim can be a stressful experience, we aim to make the process as simple and hassle-free as possible.
Our Board of Directors have hands-on experience in the retail industry. This gives us extra insight into understanding the challenges involved with running an independent retail business. Our dedicated team is here to help when things get difficult and a claim is made.
What Else Do we Offer?
In addition to providing business cover as an alternative to supermarket insurance, we also support a number of other independent retailers looking to protect their businesses. We offer an alternative type of cover for retailers looking for barber insurance, bookshop insurance, restaurant insurance, beauty business insurance, bar insurance, café insurance and more. If you’d like to join our Member community, call now on 0333 2121 280 to speak to a team member or get a quote today.
The Retail Mutual team were most efficient, helpful and reliable, going above and beyond to assist me with my cover requirements. I would not hesitate to use them again, top serviceMrs Beard, Supermarket Owner in Colchester
I really appreciated the claims quick response following my recent claimMrs Sivasothy, Store Owner in Plymouth
Just wanted to say thank you for the very helpful and informative service I received when taking out my cover with The Retail MutualMs Jenkins, Community Store Owner in Stockbridge