We offer an alternative to traditional business insurance for Takeaways. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Takeaway Insurance?
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to traditional insurance for the independent retail community. Run by retailers for retailers, we exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
What Does Takeaway Insurance offer?
From your local fish and chip shop to your town’s favourite Indian or Chinese takeout, takeaway shops carry a number of risks. Whether an employee becomes injured whilst cooking, a customer suffers food poisoning or your premises experiences a catastrophic fire, you or someone else may choose to make a claim. Takeaway insurance protects you and your business with the aim of keeping your takeaway up and running.
An Alternative to Takeaway Insurance
The Retail Mutual offers business cover as an alternative to takeaway insurance, designed to fit the needs of small and independent restaurants and takeaway outlets across the UK. As a company that operates on behalf of our members, we’re passionate about protecting our local brick-and-mortar stores on Britain’s high streets and your local takeaway is no exception.
Regardless of whether you’re a local fish and chip shop, offer Chinese, Indian, pizza, Thai food, or something more unique, we have a flexible protection plan that can be chosen with you in mind. Acting as an alternative to takeaway insurance, our business cover helps you operate with peace of mind whilst trading, so when you’re cooking and delivering food to customers, you know that your business is protected.
As a takeaway restaurant, you will likely be operating in the evenings and at weekends. Violent crimes are more likely during these times, and you need to protect yourself should your business become a victim of these crimes. You’ll also have customers ordering and waiting in your store, and whilst they’re at your premises you are responsible for their safety. At The Retail Mutual, we understand that you need takeaway insurance or an effective alternative to fit around your business, which is why our cover options can be tailored to your individual takeaway.
Use our contact form to get in touch with us today.Get a Quote
What Takeaway Cover do you Need?
We offer business cover as an alternative to traditional business insurance for takeaway shops. Here are some of our cover options:
- Stock and Contents Cover – Your equipment and ingredients are vital to the everyday running of your business. Stock and Contents Cover ensures that your cooking equipment is kept safe should you suffer loss from events such as theft, flood or fire.
- Business Interruption Cover – In the event of an incident affecting your takeaway, Business Interruption Cover helps to keep your business afloat. For example, if a flood occurs, you’ll need time to make repairs. Business Interruption Cover compensates for loss of profits, interim payments and any overheads, so you can focus on getting back on your feet. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard with higher limits available on request.
- Public Liability Cover – If a member of the public or their property is damaged in your shop, you may be deemed liable whether you’re directly responsible or not. Legal expenses can put huge strains on a business, so we offer cover up to £5 million.
- Employers’ Liability Cover – In most circumstances if you have any employees, whether they’re a manager or an apprentice, full-time or part-time, you will be required to have Employers’ Liability protecton in place. Our Employers’ Liability Cover offers up to £10 million in protection should an employee become ill or injured in the workplace.
Benefits for Takeaways
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
What Makes us Different?
As a Mutual, we operate solely in the interests of our Members, focusing on people rather than profit. We’re committed to supporting the independent stores on our high streets and are extremely proud of the long-standing relationships we’ve developed with thousands of small stores across the UK. Should the worst happen, and a claim be made, we’re here to help and inform you of your options going forward.
Since our establishment over 20 years ago, we’ve refined our fast-and-efficient claims process with the aim of making it as simple and hassle-free as possible. Our experienced claims handlers are familiar with your industry and are well placed to help support your business when needed. Making a claim can be an extremely stressful experience, but our sole purpose is to support you and make things a little easier during this time.
What Else do we Offer?
The Retail Mutual offers business cover as an alternative to traditional business insurance for a wide range of small high-street stores, so whether you are looking for bridal shop insurance, beauty business insurance, butchers’ insurance or other retail business insurance, why not talk to our team and find out what makes The Retail Mutual’s Business Cover different?
Looking for something else? Our protection plan similar to takeaway insurance is just one of the cover types we provide. From landlord cover to home cover and life protection plans, we’re here to help. Fill in our contact form or call us on 0333 2121 280 to discuss our alternative to takeaway insurance.
We would definitely recommend the Mutual. We were given loss of earnings on three occasions when we asked, which kept the business solvent. Being closed for six weeks over the Christmas period, which is our peak trading time, could have been a financial disaster but the interim payments were a godsendMr Baillie, Perth
Just wanted to say thank you for the very helpful and informative service I received when taking out my cover with The Retail Mutual.Mrs Jenkins, Stockbridge
Many thanks to the team who dealt with my claim so quickly and efficiently, it was greatly appreciated.Mr McHugh, Hungerford