Don’t take a close shave when it comes to your barber shop insurance
The barber shop, the corner stone of any high street, a place to go for a trim, a new style or just a general tidy up. Your loyal clientele relies on your barber shop to make them look smart for weddings, job interviews and Saturday nights out. A barber shop can be a hazardous place so it’s important to take care of your staff and your customers by having the right type of business cover in place. Your staff may be handling chemicals or sharp objects such as scissors and razors, posing risks to both them and your customers. If someone is cut or experiences an allergic reaction, they may choose to make a claim.
Why do you need barber shop insurance?
- To give you financial peace of mind that you can keep your business running when the unexpected happens
- To protect your barbers from the potential risks and hazards of running a business
- To provide cover if a member of the public injures themselves in your shop and decides to make a claim
- If one of your employees has an accident or suffers an injury whilst working for you
- To replace any equipment or tools which are accidentally damaged
- Cover for the replacement of stock damaged by an event such as fire or flood
- To cover the cost of making any repairs to the building or salon facade if it is damaged by vandalism, fire, flooding or as a result of a break-in
- In some scenarios it could pay for gross profits lost from circumstances beyond control, for example if your business is closed due to fire damage or if a supplier becomes bankrupt and this impacts the business financially
We offer a range of barber shop cover options with different cover limits to suit your individual requirements, these include:
Public liability cover
Employers’ liability cover
Stock and contents cover
Business interruption cover
An alternative to barber shop insurance
At The Retail Mutual we offer an alternative to barber shop insurance that mirrors what insurance typically covers, but with the added value of being a discretionary mutual with years of experience and extensive knowledge of how busy high street businesses work. Our alternative to barber insurance combines a range of cover types to help protect your business and offer you support, security and peace of mind in times of crisis.
How can our barber shop cover protect your business?
What makes The Retail Mutual different?
When you pay for your barber shop cover, you’re not just another customer, you become a Member of The Retail Mutual’s supportive independent business community. Our Members are not only other barbers but also include other high street businesses, such as your local baker, florist or coffee shop.
Unlike insurance providers, the Retail Mutual offers discretionary cover. The Mutual delegates its claims discretion to a Board of Directors appointed from its Membership who are or have been retail business owners themselves. The Mutual empowers its Directors to make key decisions and gives them the authority to agree claims that may fall outside a Member’s agreed cover levels. The Board’s Claims Committee, themselves retailers, use their in-depth knowledge and empathy to adjudicate any claims that are appealed.
As a mutual you will not find us on comparison sites
If you are interested in becoming a Member of The Retail Mutual you need to come to us direct for a competitive quote.
It’s easy and takes no time at all to receive a quote.
Simply call us and speak to one of our dedicated team or you can buy your barbers cover online by clicking the quote button below.
Become a Member and get covered today in the time it takes to do a short back and sides.