We offer an alternative to traditional insurance for convenience shops. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Convenience Shop Insurance?
What does Convenience Store Insurance offer?
Convenience stores offer a varied and dynamic range of products for the benefit of their shoppers, but also rely heavily on their local community for business. In the event of your stock being stolen, becoming water damaged or destroyed from fire, you may choose to make a claim. In order to protect your livelihood, you may take out convenience shop insurance to ensure your cash and stock stored on your premises is safeguarded.
An Alternative to Convenience Shop Insurance
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing an alternative to convenience shop insurance for the independent retail community. Run by retailers for retailers, we exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting independent retail businesses like convenience stores on our high streets.
Whether you run a convenience shop, a general store or an independent newsagent, you’ll need thorough convenience store insurance or a similar protection plan in place in order to minimise financial risk while trading. As a local shop, your customers will be frequent throughout the day and in some cases, well into the evening too.
Your business remains at risk outside of trading hours. Ram raids and theft incidents are most likely to occur when the business is closed and can cause significant damage to your premises and stock. Here at The Retail Mutual, we understand the importance of having sufficient protection in place. That’s why our alternative to traditional convenience store insurance for corner shops and newsagents provides you with plenty of options within our industry-specific cover.
What Convenience Store Cover do you need?
We offer an alternative to traditional business insurance for convenience shops and newsagents; some of our cover options are listed below:
- Business Interruption Cover – in the event of an incident affecting your convenience store, business interruption cover helps to keep your business afloat. It may cover loss of profits, staff wages and even interim payments to tide you over until your claim is fully settled. For example, if a ram raid occurs, you’ll need time to repair your premises. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard with higher limits available on request.
- Contents and Stock Cover –Whether you’re a small convenience shop or larger newsagent, Contents and Stock Cover is essential. Our alternative to convenience store insurance provides a Contents and Stock Cover that can help you should you suffer loss from events such as flood, theft or fire.
- Public Liability Cover –Our Public Liability Cover can offer up to £5 million in the event a claim is made against you. Whether you’re found guilty or not, legal expenses can mount up fast and our cover can help not only you, but your business too.
- Employers’ Liability Cover –If you have employees, temporary or not, it’s important to have Employers’ Liability in place for both their protection and your own. Our Employers’ Liability Cover can offer you up to £10 million in financial protection should an employee make a claim against you.
Benefits for Convenience Shops
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
What makes us different?
Local businesses are at the heart of every community, and we’re committed to seeing you thrive. We have over 20 years’ experience of providing cover to independent news retailers, and as such have developed personal relationships with individual stores across the UK. We are here to support you should a claim be made against you.
We are owned by and operate on behalf of our members and are committed to supporting them. You’ll have the added benefit of an efficient claims process and practical, straight-talking advice, with all confusing legal jargon explained to you.
We love to celebrate your successes and share stories of members overcoming similar challenges, but when things get difficult and a claim is made, we’re here to help.
What else do we offer?
Looking for something else? Our alternative to convenience store insurance is just one of the types of cover that we provide. Home cover is also available from us, as well as term life cover and alternatives to landlord insurance. Talk to us online or by phone to discuss our alternative to convenience shop insurance.
Best service provider for all newsagentsMr Naik, Malden
We would definitely recommend the Mutual. We were given loss of earnings on three occasions when we asked, which kept the business solvent. Being closed for six weeks over the Christmas period, which is our peak trading time, could have been a financial disaster but the interim payments were a godsend.Mr Baillie, Perth
My store was the target of a ram raid theft which caused thousands of pounds worth of damage. Fortunately, I had comprehensive cover in place with The Retail Mutual and was able to claim for stock and contents, as well as all the damage to the fixtures and shopfront.Mr Patel, Banstead