We offer an alternative to traditional insurance for florists. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Florist Insurance?
What does Florist Insurance offer?
Whether for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, dates or proms, customers buy your flowers as a thoughtful gift for their friends and loved ones. As a florist, your stock is at the centre of your business, so if your flowers are damaged it can have major financial consequences for your business. Having the right florist insurance or an alternative type of specialist cover can give you some much-needed peace of mind if things go wrong.
An Alternative to Florist Insurance
The Retail Mutual provides florist business cover, a specialist alternative to florist insurance, offering cover that suits you and your business. Every business is different, so we take an approach that allows us to tailor each protection plan to your individual needs. We aim to gain a true understanding of how your florist business operates, to help provide the best cover for your needs.
Running a florist involves transporting goods to and from venues and keeping vast amounts of stock for your customers to choose from. The perishable nature of flowers can make stock control difficult and can prove very damaging when an unexpected event such as theft, flood or fire occurs. Our business cover offers an alternative to traditional insurance for florists. It can protect both you and your assets should you need to make a claim and prevent you from incurring significant expenses.
Your business can also face risks to the safety of employees and customers. Should an employee be cut when making bouquets or a customer suffer an allergic reaction to your flowers, they may decide to make a claim against you. Having a reliable protection plan in place can ease the financial strain.Get a Quote
What Types of Florist Cover do you need?
Our cover options are the ideal alternative to insurance for florists. You can create your own flexible cover from the following options:
- Employers’ Liability Cover – Employers’ Liability Cover is essential for many businesses. It aims to protect you in the event that one of your employees makes a claim against you for an injury suffered whilst at work. At The Retail Mutual, we offer cover for the costs and compensation of work-related injuries up to £10 million.
- Stock and Contents Cover – As a florist owner, you need to keep flowers at your premises available for your customers to buy. Stock and Contents Cover can provide compensation for the value of your stock should it be stolen or damaged.
- Business Interruption Cover – Business Interruption Cover may be payable when an event causes a business to close unexpectedly. For example, if your florist is burgled, experiences fire or flooding, you’ll need some time to make repairs. Business Interruption Cover can pay for your florist’s loss of revenue and help pay overhead costs until your business is back up and running. We offer cover for up to £500,000.
- Public Liability Cover – As a florist you might want to consider taking out Public Liability Cover. You’re responsible for the health and safety of your customers whilst they’re dealing with your business, and Public Liability Cover can protect you if someone has an accident or has their personal property damaged whilst in your florist shop. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
- Buildings Cover – If you own your florist premises, unexpected repairs can become extremely expensive and have knock-on effects on your cash flow. Buildings cover offers compensation for damage to your property. You may also choose additional cover for fixtures and fittings including stands and shelving. We offer up to £5 million cover for this.
Benefits For Florists
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We listen to your needs and aim to ensure that your cover meets the needs of your business
- We offer interest-free payment plans
- Our UK-based call centre is on hand to help set up your cover and provide ongoing support in the event of a claim
- We provide Accidental Damage and Fixed Glass Cover as standard with our buildings cover
In the unfortunate event that you need to make a claim, our priority is to ensure our process is as hassle-free and simple as possible.
What makes us different to traditional florist insurance?
Our florist business cover is designed with the needs of our Members in mind. We are passionate about protecting our high street’s independent retailers and through the Mutual aim to bring together a community of Members who support each other when needed. We’re owned solely by our Members, meaning we operate in their interests only.
Our Board of Directors has a wealth of experience in running their own independent businesses, giving us a clear understanding of the stresses and challenges involved in running a business.
What Else do we Offer?
Our alternative to florist insurance is just one of the types of business cover that we offer. We support a multitude of independent retail businesses looking for business insurance or alternative types of cover. If you are looking for convenience store insurance, gift shop insurance, bookshop insurance, butchers insurance or other insurance for your business The Retail Mutual’s business cover for florists provides a range of options to suit your needs. Get a quote now or call us today on 0333 2121 280 to find out more.
The Retail Mutual team were most efficient, helpful and reliable, going above and beyond to assist me with my cover requirements. I would not hesitate to use them again, top service.Mrs Beard, Colchester
I really appreciated the claims quick response following my recent claimMrs Sivasothy, Store Owner