We offer an alternative to insurance for gift shops. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking For Gift Shop Insurance?
What does gift shop insurance offer?
Customers use gift shops to find the perfect present for their friends and loved ones, whether that be a handmade craft, local speciality or bespoke gift. Unfortunate circumstances such as theft, flood or fire can lead to your stock being lost or destroyed. Gift shop insurance can be used to protect your people, premises, stock and gift shop contents, and keep your business up and running in the event of the unexpected.
An alternative to gift shop insurance
The Retail Mutual provides business cover, which is an alternative to gift shop insurance for independent retailers. We understand that every independent retail business is different, so we aim to take an approach that enables us to work closely with our Members and gain a true understanding of their business in order to offer them the right cover for their needs.
Running a gift shop involves customers entering and leaving your store frequently, exposing employees and customers to injury and increasing the likelihood of theft. Having the right gift shop cover in place can ease the financial strain on your business, without putting your business’s future at risk if a claim is made against you.
Unfortunately, accidents happen, and theft and damage are more common than you might think. Your stock and premises are constantly at risk, both during opening hours and out of hours. Violent crime and theft have become increasingly common, which could have a significant financial effect on your business should you fall victim. At The Retail Mutual, we understand that there is no ‘one size fits all’ for business cover, which is why we aim to offer flexible cover options to suit the individual needs of our Members and their gift shops.
If you’d like to know more about our gift shop cover and what makes it different from gift shop insurance, or if you would like to discuss our other cover options, call us today on 0333 2121 280 and speak to a member of our dedicated team or start your quote online start your quote online.Get a Quote
What types of gift shop cover do we offer?
We offer a range of cover options with our alternative to gift shop insurance. These include:
- Public liability cover – Public liability cover is an important consideration when looking at gift shop insurance and alternatives, especially if you have customers wandering in and out of your store frequently. Public liability cover includes customer injury and damage against their property in your gift shop. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
- Employers’ liability cover – As one of the main business cover types, employer’s liability insurance is essential if you employ anyone who is not a close family member in your gift shop. This protects you and your business should a staff member become ill or be injured in the workplace. We offer cover up to £10 million. Our cover is backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Buildings cover – If you own your gift shop premises, you may wish to take out buildings cover. Buildings Cover includes damage to certain aspects of the property such as roofs, ceilings and floors in the event of flood and fire. You can also choose additional cover for fixtures and fittings such as shelving units and display cabinets. We offer up to £5 million cover for this.
- Stock and contents cover – If you are keeping stock and valuable assets on your premises, stock and contents cover is strongly advisable for any gift shop. Our stock and contents cover includes theft as well as fire and water damage.
- Business interruption cover – Business interruption cover helps to keep your business running after a disaster or catastrophic incident occurs. To keep your business operational whilst another claim is active, this may cover you for loss of profits, wages, or interim payments. We offer up to £500k of cover.
Benefits for gift shops
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We offer flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with your buildings cover
What makes us different to a shareholder-owned insurance company?
We are a mutual, meaning we are owned solely by our Members and operate on their behalf. This means we’re entirely focused on our Members and their success. We also have a knowledgeable team who can help you in the unfortunate event of a claim. Our directors have hands-on, direct experience in the retail industry, giving us a clear understanding of the pitfalls and challenges of running an independent business, including gift shops.
What else do we offer?
Not looking for gift shop protection? We support many types of small businesses, so whether you are looking for an alternative to convenience store insurance, beauty salon insurance, bar insurance, hotel insurance, restaurant insurance or cover for another type of retail business, we would love to show you what makes The Retail Mutual different. Get a quote from us that’s completely tailored to you or call us today on 0333 2121 280.
Just wanted to say thank you for the very helpful and informative service I received when taking out my cover with The Retail MutualMs Jenkins, Stockbridge
The Retail Mutual is a brilliant company and I was very impressed with the level of service I have received. The renewal process and professional attention was perfectMr Chandler, Portree