We offer an alternative to traditional insurance for gift shops. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking for Gift Shop Insurance?
What does Gift Shop Insurance offer?
Customers use gift shops to find the perfect present for their friends and loved ones, whether that be a handmade craft, local speciality or bespoke gift. Unfortunate circumstances such as theft, flood or fire can lead to your stock being destroyed. Gift shop insurance can be used to protect your people, premises, stock and gift shop contents, and keep your business up and running in the event of the unexpected.
An Alternative to Gift Shop Insurance
The Retail Mutual provides business cover, which is an alternative to traditional gift shop insurance for independent retailers. We understand that every independent retail business is different, so we aim to take an approach that enables us to work closely with our Members and gain a true understanding of their business in order to provide them with the right cover for their needs.
Running a gift shop involves customers entering and leaving your store frequently, exposing employees and customers to injury and increasing the likelihood of theft. Having the right gift shop cover in place can ease the financial strain on your business, without putting your company’s future at risk should a claim be made against you. Our aim is to support our Members, providing much-needed reassurance that their business is protected if a claim is made.
Unfortunately, accidents happen, and theft and damage are more common than you might think. Your stock and premises are constantly at risk, both during opening hours and out of hours. Violent crime and theft have become increasingly common, which could have a significant financial effect on your business should you fall victim. At The Retail Mutual, we understand that there is no ‘one size fits all’ for business cover, which is why we aim to provide flexible cover options to suit the individual needs of our Members and their gift shops.
If you’d like to know more about our gift shop cover and what makes it different from traditional gift shop insurance, or if you would like to discuss our other cover options, call us today on 0333 2121 280 and speak to a member of our dedicated team or start your quote online start your quote online.
What Types of Gift Shop Cover do you need?
We provide a range of mutual cover options that offer a fair alternative to gift shop insurance. These include:
- Public Liability Cover – Public Liability Cover is an important consideration when looking at gift shop insurance and alternatives, especially if you have customers wandering in and out of your store frequently. Public Liability Cover offers compensation for customer injury and damage against their property in your gift shop. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
- Employers’ Liability Cover – As one of the main business cover types, Employer’s Liability Cover is essential if you run a gift shop. Most employers are required to take out this cover, as it protects volunteers and current employees should they become ill or injured at work. At The Retail Mutual, we offer cover of up to £10 million should a claim be made against you.
- Buildings Cover – If you own your gift shop premises, you may wish to take out Buildings Cover. Buildings Cover offers compensation for damage to certain aspects of the property such as roofs, ceilings, and floors in the event of flood and fire. You can also choose additional cover for fixtures and fittings such as shelving units and display cabinets. We offer up to £5 million cover for this.
- Stock and Contents Cover – If you are keeping stock and valuable assets on your premises, Stock and Contents Cover is strongly advisable for any gift shop. Our Stock and Contents Cover provides protection against theft and violent crime, as well as fire and water damage.
- Business Interruption Cover –Business Interruption Cover helps to keep your business running after a disaster or catastrophic incident occurs. To keep your business operational whilst another claim is active, this can cover you for loss of profits, wages, or interim payments. We provide up to £500k of cover.
Benefits For Gift Shops
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard
What makes us different to traditional Gift Shop Insurance?
We are a mutual, meaning we are owned solely by our Members and operate on their behalf. This means we’re entirely focused on our people and their success. We also have a knowledgeable team who can help you in the unfortunate event of a claim. Our directors have hands-on, direct experience in the retail industry, giving us a clear understanding of the pitfalls and challenges of running an independent business, including gift shops.
What else do we offer?
Not looking for gift shop insurance? We support many types of small businesses, so whether you are looking for convenience store insurance, beauty salon insurance, bar insurance, hotel insurance, restaurant insurance or cover for another type of retail business, we would love to show you what makes The Retail Mutual different. Get a quote from us that’s completely tailored to you or call us today on 0333 2121 280.
Just wanted to say thank you for the very helpful and informative service I received when taking out my cover with The Retail MutualMs Jenkins, Stockbridge
The Retail Mutual is a brilliant company and I was very impressed with the level of service I have received. The renewal process and professional attention was perfectMr Chandler, Portree