We offer an alternative to business insurance for grocery shops. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing an alternative to insurance for the independent retail community. We exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
Are you looking for grocers insurance?
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to insurance products and services for grocers and convenience retailers. Whatever your requirements, we have plenty of options in store to choose from. Whether your business is a single store, multiple units or a brand-new start-up, you need to ensure that you choose the right protection and cover for your business.
With so many grocers insurance options available it can be difficult to know where to begin. For instance, you may want to consider public liability cover to protect against compensation claims if a customer is injured on your premises. If you employ staff you are required by law to have employer’s liability insurance in place to protect your employees in the workplace. If you own your own premises you may be looking for buildings and contents insurance, and as a busy retailer you may appreciate a wide range of additional covers such as business interruption, fixed glass and accidental damage cover, or protection for your cash on the premises and goods in transit.
What types of food shops do we cover?
- Wine and beer sellers
- Convenience stores
- Farm shops
- Food stalls
- Station kiosks
Grocers cover options
We aim to offer broad-ranging, cost-effective cover tailored to the individual needs of our Members. Our experienced staff are here to help, providing a dedicated service from our UK-based call centre.
- Public liability cover – Public liability cover offers cover if a claim is brought against you, for example if a customer is injured on your premises
- Employers’ liability cover – Employers’ liability cover is a legal requirement if you employ one or more members of staff who are not close family members. Our cover is backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Business interruption cover – Business interruption offers cover for loss of profit and employees’ earnings, as well as provision for interim payments if appropriate to help keep your grocers shop afloat
- Buildings cover – Buildings cover offers protection for your commercial premises, including your fixtures and fittings
- Stock and contents cover – Stock and contents cover offers cover for theft, loss or damage to the contents of your shop, including your stock.
- Fixed glass and accidental damage cover – for those incidents that simply can’t be helped. The Retail Mutual’s commercial buildings cover includes fixed glass and accidental damage cover as standard
The Retail Mutual cover benefits include
- No admin fees or cancellation fees
- Fast-and-easy claims service
- Up to £500k Business Interruption cover
- Public Liability cover up to £5 million
- Buildings cover up to £5 million
- Stock and contents cover
- Money and personal accident cover
- Flexible limits to suit your needs
- Accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with buildings cover
- Interest-free payment plans
- Dedicated UK-based call centre
- Up to £10 million employers’ liability cover