We offer an alternative to traditional business insurance for grocery shops. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to traditional insurance for the independent retail community. Run by retailers for retailers, we exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
Are you looking for Grocers Insurance?
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to traditional insurance for grocers and convenience retailers. Whatever your requirements, we have plenty of options in store to choose from. Whether you are looking for grocers insurance for a single store, multiple units or a brand-new start-up, you need to ensure that you choose the right protection and cover for your business.
With so many grocers insurance options available it can be difficult to know where to begin. For instance, you may want to consider public liability cover to protect against compensation claims in the event that a customer is injured on your premises; if you employ staff you are required by law to take out employer’s liability insurance or equivalent cover to protect your employees in the workplace; if you own your own premises you may be looking for buildings and contents insurance; and as a busy retailer you may appreciate a wide range of additional covers such as business interruption, fixed glass and accidental damage cover, or protection for your cash on the premises and goods in transit.
What types of food shops do we cover?
- Wine and beer sellers
- Convenience stores
- Farm shops
- Food stalls
- Station kiosks
Grocers Cover Options
If you are planning to buy or renew your grocers insurance, be sure to ask The Retail Mutual for an alternative business cover quote. We aim to provide broad-ranging, cost-effective cover tailored to the individual needs of our Members. Our experienced staff are here to help, providing a dedicated service from our UK-based call centre.
- Public liability cover – provides you with cover in the event that a claim is brought against you, for example if a customer is injured on your premises
- Employer’s liability cover – a legal requirement if you employ one or more members of staff
- Business interruption cover – provides you with cover for loss of profit and employee’s earnings, as well as provision for interim payments if appropriate to help keep your grocers shop afloat
- Buildings cover – protects your commercial premises, including your fixtures and fittings, in the evnt of loss or damage
- Stock and contents cover – gives you peace of mind that your stock and contents are protected in the event of burglary, loss or damage
- Fixed glass and accidental damage cover – for those incidents that simply can’t be helped. The Retail Mutual’s commercial buildings cover includes fixed glass and accidental damage cover as standard
The Retail Mutual Cover Benefits Include
- No admin fees or cancellation fees
- Fast-and-easy claims service
- Up to £500k Business Interruption cover
- Public Liability cover up to £5 million
- Buildings cover up to £5 million
- Stock and contents cover
- Money and personal accident cover
- Flexible limits to suit your needs
- Accidental Damage and Fixed Glass cover as standard
- Interest-free payment plans
- Dedicated UK-based call centre
- Up to £10 million Employer’s Liability cover