We offer an alternative to insurance products and services for retail businesses. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking For Retail Insurance?
What does retail insurance offer?
Whether you’re a small family-run business or a bigger, more established retail store, running a business involves many risks and challenges. Investing in retail insurance or other alternatives may safeguard you and your business, lessening the financial strain should a claim be made.
An alternative to retail insurance
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing a specialist alternative to retail insurance for the independent business community. We exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent businesses on our high streets.
Here at The Retail Mutual, we provide an alternative to retail insurance products and services for our Members. Whether you own a clothing shop, require an alternative to bookshop insurance or are looking for confectionery shop insurance; our cover options are designed to cater specifically to the retail sector.
We want you to trade with total peace of mind, knowing you have a suitable protection plan in place should you need it. At The Retail Mutual, we believe in consulting with you and your business to identify areas in which you’re vulnerable. This enables us to create a protection plan as an alternative to retail shop insurance that is best suited to your needs.
What types of retail insurance do you need?
The Retail Mutual offers a range of cover options for independent retailers, including the following:
- Public liability cover – Having retail insurance or an alternative is really important to protect you and your business. If a customer has an accident within your retail space, we offer public liability cover of up to £5 million to protect you should they decide to make a claim.
- Employers’ liability cover – Whether you have full or part-time staff, or even staff on a volunteer basis, unless they are close family members you will be required to have employers’ liability insurance in place. We offer cover up to the value of £10 million backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal obligations.
- Stock and contents cover – From stock to shop contents such as tills and security equipment, our stock and contents cover may protect you in the event of any loss due to theft, flood, fire, and other unexpected events. Our alternative to retail shop insurance is designed to help get your business up and running as swiftly as possible if disaster strikes.
Benefits for retailers
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover with our buildings cover
What makes The Retail Mutual different?
As a Mutual, we’ve been providing an alternative to retail insurance for over 20 years. Many of our directors have worked in the retail industry themselves, meaning they understand the pitfalls and challenges that come with running a business.
We exist to assist our Members and protect them in times of crisis. Our team are committed to the success of you and your business, and are happy to provide you with assistance when you need it. We believe in offering a smooth and efficient claims service that makes the process as simple and stress-free as possible.
What else do we offer?
We are committed to supporting the independent retailers on our high streets and aim to provide a range of products and services to help make their lives easier. In addition to business cover, we also offer landlord cover for the rental properties attached to your retail space or indeed for full rental portfolios; an alternative to home insurance in the form of our dedicated home cover; and even provide access to life cover and health insurance to provide protection in the event of the unexpected.
Fill in our contact form today and we’ll do our best to provide you with a protection plan to suit your requirements as an individual or as a business.
The Retail Mutual team were most efficient, helpful and reliable, going above and beyond to assist me with my cover requirements. I would not hesitate to use them again, top service.Mrs Beard, Colchester
Just wanted to say thank you for the very helpful and informative service I received when taking out my cover with The Retail Mutual.Ms Jenkins, Stockbridge
We experienced excellent customer service from The Retail Mutual's team. Our claim was handled very professionally. Excellent service and excellent advice.Mr Sheppard, Swindon