We offer an alternative to business insurance for Restaurants. Just fill in your details below and we’ll contact you for a quote.
Looking For Restaurant Insurance?
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing an alternative to insurance for the independent retail community. We exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
What does restaurant insurance offer?
Running a restaurant can be extremely hard work but also very rewarding. Providing delicious food to customers whilst creating a positive reputation for your business is your forte. However, running a restaurant carries a high amount of risk for you, your employees and your customers. All it takes is one incident that could lead to customer injury, food poisoning, or severe damage to your property. Taking out restaurant insurance can help alleviate some of this risk.
An alternative to restaurant insurance
At The Retail Mutual, our business cover is an effective alternative to business insurance. Run by retailers for retailers, we are a community of Members that supports small, independent retailers on UK high streets. We recognise that every business has a unique set of needs, so we work to gain a true understanding of each and every business to find the ideal cover to suit your restaurant. Our flexible protection plan offers an alternative to restaurant insurance, providing you with peace of mind and support should the worst happen.
Even the most stringent hygiene and health and safety measures cannot always prevent an incident. This is unavoidable when working with food. Should a customer experience food poisoning as a result of consuming your food, they may choose to bring a claim against you. Without suitable restaurant insurance or business cover in place, your business can incur huge financial costs. Having the correct cover in place protects your business in these circumstances. Regardless of the size of your restaurant or the number of covers you have; it is vital that you take steps to protect your livelihood.
Protecting your employees and customers from injury is just one aspect. Your restaurant may contain specialist, expensive kitchen equipment, or lavish furnishings to improve customer experience. These are vulnerable to theft and damage, or even unexpected events such as flood and fire. These events can put your restaurant out of action for some time, which can further increase the financial strain. Here at The Retail Mutual, we understand the worry associated with protecting your business, which is why we offer a range of business cover options to suit you.
Speak to a member of our dedicated team to find out more about our business cover, an alternative to restaurant insurance.Get a Quote
What type of restaurant cover do you need?
Below are some of the business cover options that we offer as part of our alternative to restaurant insurance:
- Business interruption cover – A covered incident such as flood or fire may cause you to cease trading. Business interruption cover is designed to protect your business in these circumstances, and help you cover basic costs such as overheads, interim payments and even staff wages until your business is operational again. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £500k as standard.
- Stock and contents cover – Your kitchen equipment helps you create delicious meals, whilst your furnishings make your restaurant unique and keep customers comfortable. Stock and Contents Cover protects the interior of your restaurant, including equipment and stock should it be stolen or damaged.
- Employers’ liability cover – In most cases, Employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement if you employ staff. At The Retail Mutual we offer cover for work-related injuries up to the value of £10 million, backed by an insurance policy to meet your legal requirements.
- Public liability cover – The safety of diners in your restaurant is down to you. Should a diner suffer an injury in your restaurant or become ill as a result of eating your food, they may choose to make a claim. The Retail Mutual offers cover up to £5 million.
- Buildings cover – If you own the physical building of your restaurant, you will need to protect it with buildings cover. Buildings cover protects your premises, but you may also purchase additional cover for shop fixtures such as shelving and display units. We offer cover up to £5 million.
Benefits to Restaurants
- We don’t charge admin or cancellation fees
- We provide flexible cover to suit the needs of individual businesses
- Our payment plans are interest-free
- We operate a UK-based call centre to provide simple and efficient service
- We offer accidental damage and fixed glass cover as standard with our buildings cover
What makes us different?
The Retail Mutual is owned by and operates solely for the benefit of our Members – our customers. We have over 20 years’ experience of protecting small businesses in the retail and service industries. Creating a supportive community of retailers, we believe in creating long-lasting relationships with our Members.
In the event that you need to make a claim, we aim to make a potentially stressful process as easy and hassle-free as possible. Our knowledgeable claims team will guide you through the steps required and present your options to you clearly and concisely.
What else do we offer?
Interested in something else? We specialise in a number of retail industries, offering our tailored business cover solution to small business owners in search of anything from takeaway insurance and clothes shop insurance to opticians insurance, beauty business insurance and more. To discover our full offerings, browse our business cover page.
If you’re interested in becoming a Member of our community and opting for an alternative to restaurant insurance, then get a quote from us today or call 0333 2121 280.
When I arranged my Business Cover with The Retail Mutual, the team were fantastic with a friendly, informative and professional service. Thank you especially to Laz and Gary for your assistance, I couldn’t have asked for more.Laura Fisher, Basingstoke
The Retail Mutual is a brilliant company and I was very impressed with the level of service I have received. The renewal process and professional attention was perfect.Mr Chandler, Portree
We experienced excellent customer service from The Retail Mutual's team. Our claim was handled very professionally. Excellent service and excellent advice.Mr Sheppard, Swindon