2020 – an unprecedented year
We can all agree that 2020 was the year of the unexpected, or ‘unprecedented’, which was certainly true for the retail industry. Before we look forward to 2021 and give you an insight into what we have planned, let us look back.
Supporting our Members
At The Retail Mutual, we developed a range of initiatives to support our Members during the pandemic, such as:
- Full staffing capacity for the claims and service teams to help deal with the increase in enquires at a time when many other providers were operating with skeleton staff
- The introduction of an unoccupied premises waiver for businesses that stood empty whilst trading restrictions were in place
- A dedicated Coronavirus Resource Hub to help Members navigate the Government support available
- Legal expenses insurance and legal advice line, including advice and support on employment obligations and responsibilities
The Mutual’s Plan for 2021
Coronavirus is still very much a part of our lives, but as we move forward into 2021 we can draw on the lessons we have learnt in 2020 – most importantly that we are adaptable, we are resilient and there is hope for the future for independent retailers.
The Retail Mutual remains committed to its Members and the independent retail community. We are continually looking at ways to enhance, develop and deliver the experience and value of becoming a Member of the Mutual. Here are some of the initiatives we are planning:
- Redeveloping our Members’ Area to provide easier access to cover documents, as well as exclusive offers and added-value content to help support your business
- Continuing to deliver our regular newsletter, full of useful news and tips for busy business owners – subscribe today to make sure you don’t miss out
- Creating downloadable risk-assessment guides to help businesses become more safety conscious
- A marketing promotion pack for brick-and-mortar businesses, to help them promote themselves and get a head start in 2021
Why become a member of The Retail Mutual
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing an alternative to insurance products and services for the independent retail community. We exist to help give you peace of mind and are passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets. Some of the benefits of joining The Retail Mutual are:
- No admin, cancellation and broker fees
- Join over 5,500 Members, who are all like-minded retailers
- 0% Interest-free payment options
- Fast-and-easy claims service from our dedicated UK call centre
- Fixed glass and accidental damage cover included as standard with buildings cover
- 50% increase in stock cover limit during November and December
Our products and Membership are not just open to retailers but also to their families, staff, wholesalers and suppliers – indeed anyone with a connection to independent retailing!
We are proud to support our Members and the independent retail sector throughout these challenging times. We would love to hear how you have coped over the last year and what you have planned for 2021 so please get in touch with us to share your views – as a member organisation we really value your feedback. You can email us at email@example.com or find us on Facebook and Twitter using the handle @retailmutual.
Sending you all Christmas wishes and as always, we look forward to continuing to work together for many years to come, providing protection and peace of mind for the independent retailers on our high streets.
Chairman of The Retail Mutual
Christmas opening times
Thursday 24th December – 9am to 4pm
Friday 25th December – Closed
Monday 28th December – Closed
Tuesday 29th December – Normal hours
Wednesday 30th December – Normal hours
Thursday 31st December – 9am to 4pm
Friday 1st January 2021 – Closed
Our offices are closed outside of these times. If you need emergency assistance with a new claim please call 01424 850333. Normal hours resume Monday 4 January 2020.